Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Saggy Labia / Clit

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm seventeen and I have recently noticed that my downstairs looks a bit different than other ones I've seen. It kind of looks like what's supposed to be inside the "fold" of the vagina is hanging now.
When I was around 9 or 10 I realized touching down there felt good, so I started doing it all the time. I didn't know what I was doing cause I had not had anyone explain to me yet. Once I'd had sex ed and figured out what masturbating was, I stopped and did it only sometimes. I feel like this constant masturbating at such a young age did something that made my vagina, labia and clit hang down and look diformed. Can anyone tell me anything?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2010
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The appearance of vulva differs in all women. No two labia minora can be the same. There are different types of labia minora (the skin fold close to opening of vagina). The sexual stimulation leads to enlargement in the early ages.
Do not worry about the appearance as long as there is no discomfort associated. If still in doubt, then get them examined by your gynecologist to make sure that they are normal.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.