Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Safety of a penis rings

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hi, My husband has been on certain drugs for depression and anxiety, naming lexapro, and neulactil. As we have had some sexual dysfunction due to the drugs, although not completely he has started using a rubber penis ring. This seems to be working, as he is able to ejaculate a lot quicker then without. Is it safe enough to use for him, as one time he had some friction on his penis and it became bruised., also is the rubber safe for me.,or will any type of toxic material enter my vagina and cause an infection
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper clyde42483
|

replied May 9th, 2012
Experienced User
It should be safe IF...

1. It isn't something home made.
2. He takes it off shortly after sex (i.e. leave it on long enough to enjoy the afterglow, but don't keep it on all night.
3. You use some lube to avoid abrasions, etc...
(If he has bruising again, it's probably too small, try a different model)

As to your question about toxicity, you might want to google it or try a site like adam-and-eve.com and look up the actual materials used to manufacture the penis ring.

Basically there is NO rubber in these toys. They are made by the same companies which make vibrators and dildos. They have to be very conscious of the materials the use in manufacture as the products will be in repeated contact with some of our most sensitive(and therefore most vulnerable) parts.

Why/how do penis rings help/work?

A man gets hard because the penis becomes engorged with blood. For this to happen, certain blood vessels constrict so that incoming blood flow is greater than outgoing blood flow. The penis ring simply helps squeeze the base of the penis, further restricting outgoing blood flow. The result is an erect or harder penis. Some models have an enlargement on the top to help stimulate the woman's clitoris.

My advice, Be fearless, do what works and experiment!

Many multiple orgasms wished to you both!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank clyde42483 for this post: smilealot