Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Safe sex but period late.

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
Even though I had safe, protected sex, my period is 5 days late.
This normally doesn't happen, I am getting real anxious and worried.
Should I wait a few more days and get tested? When does the pregnancy test show effect?

P.S. I've been having exams lately, so it could be due to stress.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
The chances of your period being late due to pregnancy are minimal if you've used protection.

Sudden Weight gain or loss, stress and worry etc could cause your periods to be delayed. As you said in your post it could be all the exams causing the lateness. Try not to worry about it too much as this will cause your periods to be delayed even more.

Hope this helps Smile
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2011
Just because you use protection,it doesn't mean you can't get pregnant.If you're going to be paranoid like this all the time then don't have sex until you're married. I used to get so mad at girls i dated in the past that would freak out after sex worrying about getting pregnant. It's the risk you take.
|