Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

"Rowachol"- is it beneficial?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
User Profile
i would like to know about this medicine "Rowachol" - said to be beneficial for gallstones... i have read lot about other meds ursodil bile acids etc that take long time to dossolve small stones but has side effects.... i would like to try this med instead called Rowachol. could u give any info on it if its helpful in preventing attacks or improving gallbladder function or dissolving etc... thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A20366
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Rowachol is said to improve the function of the liver and gall bladder. This medicine reduces cholesterol levels by inhibiting an enzyme (HMG Co-A reductase) which is involved in the production of cholesterol in the liver. So it is basically useful in cholesterol stones.

However you should take it only after prescription from a doctor as it is not without side effects and even cause an allergic reaction if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. It is also not used in pregnancy. so try not to become pregnant when taking this medicine. If you do become pregnant, it should be avoided in the first trimester.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.