Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

rotten tooth (Page 1)

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
hey i have a really badly rotten tooth at the back of my lower left side,i still have half a tooth but the rest is pure black and it hurts sometimes, i have had antibiotics to get rid of the infection but i cannot afford my tooth out so will the tooth just fall out on its own eventually or am i putting my other teeth and gum areas at risk? plz help thx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper thabet
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2008
Experienced User
A dental infection can cause serious problems and should be treated. However, a healthy immune system can fight back against the bacteria caused by a rotten tooth. Antibiotics kill bacteria but don't go inside the dead tooth and can not cure a tooth infection because of this.

Have you noticed pus on or around the tooth?
|

Extremely eHealthy
hey no there is no pus around or inside it, it's just black inside and around the edge, i have been to the hospital over it bc i have no dentist but they said they cant take it out until i have been referred from a emergency dentist which is expensive to see them, i have been on antibiotics for the infection i had inside it and that has gone now but i cant really take antibiotics often bc i get really bad thrush every time so i try to avoid them as best as possible i just wanted to know if i could get away with leaving it to fall out on it's own even tho i know it not very nice but i hate dentists anyway i'm mard lol . but i don't want to put my other teeth and gums at risk i dont want dentures for a good few years lol opinions?plz thanks
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, nothing is assured. You take the risk of having the tooth infection spread and possibly get into your blood stream. I'd suggest you get it taken care of rather than taking the risk.
|

Extremely eHealthy
thanks for your advice i will get it taken care of as soon as i can. Jenny
|

replied September 25th, 2008
I'm in the same problem right now also. It's been going on and getting worse and caused other teeth to rot also. Get it checked. I went a few days ago and was shown all the damaged it caused now instead of losing 1 tooth I'm losing 6. The worst is I can't get an appointment just for a consult with the oral surgeon till the 16th and I'm in all this pain.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
i have the same problem. i've noticed a small dark line on my tooth. it really aches but i'm just hoping it will go away. i'm really scared of going to the dentist. help!?
|

replied March 6th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi Honey:

Get it taken out and now...The first problem is that you will build up a resistance to the antibiotic...If this happens and the infection spread up either under your eye or down to your jaw, you are in real trouble...It must come out....

About ten years ago I had a root canal done...A couple years after I had it done it started to bother me...I checked with the dentist...They did x-rays, but found no infection....About three years ago it just about send me in circles..Just plain throbbing pain...This was my lower jaw, first molar back...When I went in they again took x-rays...Because of my pain they decided to open it back up....When they opened this tooth they found that an infection had set in and eaten into my jaw....The smell that came out was just terrible...I spent over an hour in the chair while they cleaned out my jaw and took the remainder of the tooth out...They wanted to put in stitches but couldn't...It had to heal open...Eaten too far in to stitch....Took me nearly five months to grow skin back to completely cover over that part of my inner lower jaw...Spent a couple of months on antibiotics....Oh, and may I add that your mouth is the dirtiest part of your body....I was so sore I could not close my mouth for three days...For three nights I did not sleep but laid and moaned in bed....Right now when I put my tongue where it was there is a cavern....This was not my fault but was the fault of the dentist yet he could not see inside of the shadow where it was developing...

Reading what I have written, I hope it awakens you to what could happen to you.....I would not wish it on my enemy.....I was awake all the time as they thought it was going to be simple......

Much love,
Caroline

P.S. I have developed a sympathy tooth ache just writing this..... glance
|

replied March 6th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for your reply honey....I am trying to find a dentist now who can take it out...Sorry for your sympathy toothache but thanks :)xx
|

replied May 29th, 2009
rotten tooth
hi

im less than the age of 10! but i have a rotten tooth also ive aleady been to the dentist and i FREAKED !! i have to go again now on the 6th of june Sad any advice

Fromm ouch Sad
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Well here is my update on my problem...omg it took me that long to find somewhere that would do my tooth for free because i simply cannot afford to pay for me to have my tooth out...I have now developed another rotten tooth Sad so it is both my wisdom teeth left and right!!! So i have to have them out..I found a place that students learn to be a dentist so i get to have it done for free..They are putting me to sleep to do it because it is tricky as my teeth are buried in my gum and the tops of them are gone (rotted away) and yes i lived on antibiotics and strong painkillers for months so now when i get headache and take pills they dont work Sad So am going to warm anyone who reads this that if you have a small hole in your tooth and you think or its only small DONT leave it because that is how mine started out, small holes then gradually got bigger until i was in agony i mean it feels like someone is push a knife into your gum...NOT nice! Go to the dentist as soon as you can people....Jenny
|

User Profile
Experienced User
The Dentist
Hey friends,
i know its difficult to go to the dentist, Shocked but they have come along way, u can get numbing creams to deal with the needles. thanks Jenny for up-dating your storie sunny , its so important..go to the dentist and always follow your instincts looking , they r right 90% of the time. sunny ww
|
Users who thank wickedwanda for this post: J3nnyuk 

Extremely eHealthy
100% agree wanda i used to hate them but now i have to get it sorted otherwise the infection is going to spread to my other teeth! Smile
|
Users who thank J3nnyuk for this post: wickedwanda 

replied April 5th, 2010
jenny, where did u look to find a place that would do it for free? my bf is also in the same situation. he showed me his tooth and its like practically almost gone but also black inside the huge whole and i feel bad.
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2010
Experienced User
xtine_bee15, welcome
I am not sure where you r but try and google free dental services in your area, i know we have some dentists in canada that will help you, but u must be on a list. let us know what you did to get help ok good luck
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
hi xtine_bee15, i am from England, Manchester and i just went to a dental school where they have students who are in training so you get it for free..But in the end mine was so bad i have to go to theater to have mine removed and that was at the hospital..Jenny
|

replied May 27th, 2010
me to
im in the same situation....i have 2 teeth that arnt even teeth yet, and because of no money to pay for them, they are getting worse, i live in pain day in and day out but still try to hide the pain from my every day life.....wish i could just get false teeth asi cant afford getting mine fixed, and just about every tooth in my mouth needs help, i may look into the dental school thing to see if thay can help practice pulling my teeth out,,,,, if they could put me to sleep lmao
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
rotten teeth
hello i have 2 rotton teeth but i feel so embaressed i used to have such a nice smile now i cannot help cry everytime i smile i want to get veneers but it is expensive is there anyway a dentist can fix it up and get rid of all the rot and give me a perfect smile again??
jade xx
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2010
Experienced User
It drives me crazy friends, when are governments going to see that dental care should be with medical care and not cosmetic, in canada dentists and eye doctors are not covered and they are not controlled in the fees they can charge, its pure greed, dentists are.. thats why they tell doctors, if you want to make money become a dentist. Its sickening, with a little support people would be able to maintain there teeth health. If you have allot of abscesses you need to have your liver checked, there could be underlying medical issues, i have had 2 teeth go bad, for no reason, my liver is elevated..oh if you have a fever then you have to get your teeth out!! no exception good luck
|

replied August 4th, 2010
rotton tooth
umm yh im nt really sure if thats helps but thank youu for the time you spent replying.

i made a dentist appointment today and i have the appointment on friday i think they are going to put a filling in my lower back tooth but i want to get it without an injection will that hurt?? i also have a little bit of rot on 1 toot near the front so you can kind of see it when i smile do you no what they will be able to do about that is there anyway they will be able to sort that out??

i no i have caused all of this on my own i brush my teeth but i do eat a lot of sugar so i only have yself to blame i guess i thought i was kind of selfish and thought its not going to happen when people told me
|
Quick Reply