Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

rock hard tonsil for a few years now

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
rock hard tonsil for a few years now. very hard. Like a bone. If I push hard on it i feel like it is attached to bones in my neck or jaw since it doesn't move. perfectly soft on left side of throat. hard on the right. not 100% sure that it is the tonsil, as I don't know what a tonsil looks like, but whatever it is there is a matching soft version of it on the left, in my throat, behind my tongue. (is there a little flap of flesh kinda below the tonsil? if so I may be talking about whatever those are.) Hard to say what size the hard one is exactly...Maybe the size of a marble (though not shaped like one). I only notice it once in a while, but sometimes I have a little difficulty swollowing and I'm sure that it is the cause. Does not seem to be growing (or is growing slowly if it is). No other symptoms or abnormalities at all. Just a bone sticking out into my throat. Also, though I doubt this is important, if I push hard enough on it I will feel a little dizzy. When I push on it I kinda want the end of it to break so that it doesn't stick out into my throat as much (I know that is stupid but that desire does pass after a moment) but it won't snap no matter how hard I push, that is how hard it is.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2011
Anybody have any info/advice? I ask because I worry that it could be something cancer related or like a tumor or something that I should get checked. I do not have insurance and cannot afford to go to a doctor if it is likely harmless. If there is a strong enough chance that it is something bad, then I will see a doctor about it. Thank you for any info/advice, Matthew
|

replied January 25th, 2012
Hard tonsil on one side
I have the very same. Dr say it is a stone build up and will remove it. No tumor
|