Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

RLS and Suboxone Detox

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
my wife has RLS real bad!! this is her first day starting suboxone. what do we do? is there anything we can do? I have a sample of that requip from the docs. will that help? anybody know? is there anybody out there that can feel her pain? is there anybody out there that has used suboxone? did it work?

how long does the RLS last while detoxin? 1day 2day 3day?? week?
please help with any tip u might have...thank you for your time!

Any thing u might know know we would greatly appreciate!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
out 23
Hi, Sorry this is late, I am just coming back through some of these and following up.
RLS is a very real problem. It is a miserable thing to have too. I myself have heard some pretty good studies on requip and some (not alot) of the finding with side effects that you can also look up by just typing in the drug name. About, suboxone itself as a whole. I have hear that the drug can be extreamly addicting. My suggestion to you is, talk to her doctor again or get a second opinion before starting the drug.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2008
Supporter
Is your wife detoxing from opioids or benzos without supervision?

Potassium early in detox can help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a potassium supplement. Generally, withdrawal symptoms tend to taper off after Day 4 , but everyone is unique.

What day is she on now?
|

replied May 13th, 2010
hi,i am using 1mg of suboxone from last 3 months I tappered down from 4mg to 1,plz let me know can i stop with rapid detox programme .if not what do do next.thanks
|

replied February 2nd, 2011
Wow..

My mom took Oxycotton which is somthing that heroine addicts buy illegally on the streets. NOw my mom quit all that and only takes VB12M for her RLS. Works like a charm and no side effects. Good luck to you guys
|