Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Risk of AID's Infection

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Both me and my girlfriend were virgins before we met, and we had intercourse recently, and she started her period during intercourse.

My question is what are our chance of infection?

We are both "first's"

There was oral sex as well
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2009
Supporter
SRSGood
The hymen broke...this is found in females.

It is a thin membrane that covers entrance in vagina. Once you are sexually active it is torn and you no longer have it (popping the cherry).

"Once a girl reaches puberty the hymen tends to become so elastic that it's not possible to determine whether a woman uses tampons or not by examining a hymen. In one survey only 43% of women reported bleeding the first time they had sex; indicating that the vagina of a majority of women is sufficiently opened." -Wikipedia.

Your girlfriend's hymen was closed.

During penetration, the hymen broke and she started bleeding.

You both had abstained from sex meaning that you could not have got HIV through unprotected sex. Unless you had shared dirty needles.

Oral sex is a lower risk for HIV compared to vaginal and anal sex.

Stay careful.

All the best Smile
Muthoni (Mson)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Muthoni for this post: homerx