Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Ringing in ears - chest congestion - short of breath

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I have had rigning in my right ear (feels clogged), clogged head, congestion in my chest, shortness of breath since last November. I have been to many Doctors (General, ENT, Allergist)on many occasions. I have been diagnosed along the way with inner ear infection, bronchitis, deviated septum + polyps in my nasal cavity + air pocket in my nasal cavity). Over the past 5 months I have taken many prescriptions and over the counter drugs - 4 rounds of Antibiotics, Mucinix DM, Preventil, Calritin D, Nasonex, MtehylPrednisolone, Singulair, Lortadine, Cortisone shot, Prednisone, Asmanex, Ventalin, Zylal, Sudafed.

I also had an Allergy blood test and Allergy skin test (allergic to dust, mold, grass, pet dander). My Asthma is under control per my Allergist.

I also had a chest x-ray,Nasal Cat Scan, EKG.

After all this my hope now is that all the symptoms are related to severe allergies and I begin allergy shots next week. I understand that it will take about 4 months before any relief. Has anyone else had similar symptoms? My quality of life over the past 5 months has been horrible I am shocked that I can not get any relief from the medications. Thanks for any input.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|