Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Right Upper Quadrant Pain re-imaged every 5-10 minutes

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
So I recently had a HIDA scan done. After 60 minutes into the scan, the nurse comes over to me and says that the radioactive tracer has not showed up in my small intestine, and I'll be re-imaged every 5-10 minutes until it does. Fast forward 45 minutes later and still no sign of the tracers in my small intestine, the nurse tells me she will wait 15 minutes and try one last time before sending me away. FINALLY, at the two hour mark the tracer shows up in my small intestine. All systems go and on to the CCK. I thought for sure that something would come of this.

However, today I get a call from my regular doctor and she says the report is normal. I am at my wit's end dealing with pain, nausea, etc. I have had 3 abdominal ultrasounds, a CT scan, blood work done twice, and now a HIDA all with normal results. I am going bonkers!!! Please, if you have any suggestions or similar experiences I am BEGGING for your input - anything will help. Thanks!

Symptoms: pain in right side under ribs that radiates to lower right abdomen, upper right back, and sometimes the shoulder; nausea; pulsing sensation in upper right back and upper right abdomen; gurggling noises in upper right abdomen; coffee, eggs, and dairy make pain worse; hurts to lay on stomach; frequent urination
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 29th, 2012
I have also been like this since I had my Gallbladder removed in January this year - I have a scan booked for this coming Thursday, everyday I am in pain & I swear it's worse now than what it was before I had my op.
I don't seem to be able to eat anything at all without running to the Bathroom.
Hope you & your Doctor can sort something out for you so your not in so much pain frequesntly.
|

replied June 17th, 2012
Just an FYI: The "official" diagnosis for me is stones in the kidney. I thought for sure it was my gallbladder, but the u/s showed stones in my kidney. I am relieved I don't have to have surgery, but I am not looking forward to the next few days. Have you had any answers with your pain?
|

replied April 30th, 2012
Thanks for the well wishes! I also hope you don't have to suffer too much before getting your symptoms figured out. I am going to try one last shot of diagnostic testing, with the next being a GI Series of X-rays. If it all comes out clear, well I guess I'll throw the towel in, lol! Let me know how it works out for you.
|