Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

Right side of Neck swollen and Lump

Starting about 1.5 months ago my back starting hurting me on the left upper side only, then I seem to be loosing eyebrow hair, and some nose hairs on the left side as well, something thinning on the right brow. I started noticing my neck was looking slightly swollen on one side. It didn't seem really noticable until 2 weeks ago. Then one week ago I noticed a lump aproxamently 1 inch above my collar bone neck to my voicebox area. my neck is sore due to the swelling but the lump itself does not hurt. The lump feels about the size of my thumb. I am also having problems with the vision in my left eye, fatigue,headaches/migraines, worn down and weak, muscle weakness, chewing is slightly painful, lifting is tiring, trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I feel like I am having difficulties holding my head up.
I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor in 2005 after frequent headaches, lactation when not breast feeding, and slight vision changes. The pituitary tumor last year accoardding to my dr. office was 5mm. (I am currently switching doctors office due to lack of care) I have a million scenerio's playing through my mind, I was wondering if maybe you can narrow it down more with my symptoms. I dont go to my new doctors for another 1.5 weeks. Any imput would be helpful. thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 15th, 2011
Anyone come up with an idea yet?
|

replied June 11th, 2011
I have the same problem too
i would go tell the docter to do a biopsy on the lump to see if it is tyriod cancer..i was doing some research and it said that you can have a swollen lymph node typically on the neck or near voicebox which are symptoms of tyroid cancer. I have the same exact syptoms except the hair problem and i had stopped my period for over a year. My tumor is app 4mm big andi take cabergoline to shrink the tumor.you can also take bromocriptine. i noticed a lump on the back of my neck and i thought it was a pimple. after some time went by i thought it was just a bug bite because it was itching. a few months later i felt it and it was much bigger and now there is two lumps on the back of my neck. so i am going back to the doctor to ask them if they can check if it is thyroid cancer. when you have them kind of syptoms from the pituitary tumor they check your thyroid levels too so they are closely related..If you have already had this taken care of please let me know what they said i am very curious and scared..thanks so much
|