Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Right side abdominal pain moving toward back

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
For the last week or so, I've had a mildly odd feeling in the right side of my abdomen. In the last few days, the pain, which at first was a pinpoint between the bottom of my ribs and the top of my hip, started spreading and getting more, well, painful. It spread down to my groin and up to my ribs. At first I thought it was appendicitis, but after checking with a few people whom I know have had it, I know it isn't. Today, it started becoming more prominent. This afternoon, it started radiating toward my back. The pain is now almost entirely between that original point between my ribs and hip and pretty much directly behind it in my back, only ever so slightly higher. It's almost entirely out of the areas near my hip and ribs. I've been testing to see whether it hurts when I press on it, and it does not. It doesn't hurt to crack my back the way I like to (leaning backward over my chair, grabbing the back of the chair and turning), it doesn't hurt more when I laugh, cough, sneeze, nothing. It doesn't hurt more when I do something that would normally make this kind of pain worse, but the pain doesn't ever seem to actually lessen. If anything does make it worse, it does in such a small way that I don't notice it.

I don't know if it's connected at all, but this morning I also woke up with my throat hurting every time I swallowed. Strange simile ahead: My mouth also felt a bit like something scaly crawled in there and disintegrated, leaving all of its scales to just kind attach themselves to the inside of my mouth and throat. On top of that, I've also been producing a lot of excess phlegm.

Again, I don't know if that's connected at all, and if not, it has some amazing timing.

I've gone to WebMD and put in all of the symptoms, but to no real avail. I watched a TV show a while back (a few years, at this point), and one of the doctors on that show said that there are two kinds of doctors, lumpers and splitters; lumpers putting everything together and looking at everything, splitters looking at everything separately. The WebMD symptom checker, unfortunately, is a splitter. Also it's not an actual doctor, so I can't entirely trust it. Also WebMD is apparently stuck on the idea that everyone who breathes a little hard is dying of something or another. The only reason I go back there is because they have the most expansive symptom checker.

...Anyway...

I have not yet gone to see a doctor, because I am absolutely broke. If any other information is needed, though, I'll do my best to help clarify.

------------
::EDIT::
Again, I don't know if this is connected, but for quite some time now, I've had a pinching pain that comes and goes right under where my ribs meet. Don't know if that's something else, but it's there, too.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Right sided abdominal pain which radiated towards back can be suugestive of Kidney infection,gall bladder issue and requires an evaluation.
A USG scan would be best to rule out the exact cause.
Consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Take Care!

|

replied September 26th, 2011
Thats how i feel been like it for 2-3 years but in the last month its been worse. sorry i cant help your not the only one.
hannah
|

replied February 23rd, 2013
I was reading online, abdominal pain like that and a sore throat could be mononucleosis
|

replied April 7th, 2013
Side/abdominal pain
I just came across this. I am having very similar symptoms. I am wondering what the outcome was? I see this is almost 2 years old.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.