Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Right flank pain, face, hands, feet, and legs are swelling

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I'm a 39 yr old female, starting having right sided flank pain last week with lower abdominal pressure. Urinalysis showed +RBC, +WBC, Hyaline casts, high protein, bacteria, squamous cells. Started Cipro and had a Rocephin 250 mg injection. Urine culture showed no growth. Right sided flank pain persisted to an unbearable state this Monday; starting having chills, low grade fever, nausea and abdominal pressure, when I would urinate I didn't feel like I was emptying, + dysuria, urinary frequency so we repeated UA which this time showed +RBC, no WBC, hyaline casts, squamous cells and calcium Oxalate Crystals. So doc ordered KUB - results: multiple calcification seen in anatomic pelvis, these most likely represent phleboliths. The possibility that one of these calcification represents a distal ureteral calculus can not be completely excluded. OK so doc started me on flomax and said to push fluids to pass these stones (that was yesterday), I have been straining my urine every time with no results. Today I woke up with my face, hands and feet swollen, my right flank pain is so excruciating I finally gave in and asked for a Toradol injection (no improvement with the pain) so I went for a CT scan today which is negative for stone or obstruction.... I got home and removed my pants to see that my legs are VERY swollen left is 5x worse with pitting edema on my left ankle. I'm still straining my urine and the at my last visit to the restroom a few minutes ago i had a finger tip size of thick mucus (like snot). I'm still having nausea and low grade fever along with the right sided flank pain. I'm at a loss of what is going on. Any insight, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated. I was diagnosed last yr with malignant melanoma on my right side abdomen, after surgery and sentinal lymph node bx all is clear. I really need some help with these symptoms please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|