Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Rib cage pain and fatigue

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I have been having pain under my left rib cage. When I try to sleep I have to lay on my back. If I'm on my side then the pain increases and hurts my lymph nodes. Some days it is so sore I can't wear my bra. I have been very fatigued lately and today started having sharp pain in my left lower back. I couldn't take a deep breath. What do you think I should ask my Dr. to check for or what do you think I may be dealing with? Thank you, Deb

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2009
Gland Disorders Answer A6053

There are several possible causes for enlarged lymph nodes. The exact location of the lymph nodes and the time you first recognized them might have been helpful.
Enlarged lymph nodes appear when there is inflammation in the vicinity. Please have in mind that inflammation does not have to be always accompanied with infection. You might want to visit your family doctor to have him try to find the local inflammation or to confirm or rule out more serious causes for the enlarged lymph nodes. This condition might be caused by problem with the left breast or the spleen. Examining these organs is also recommendable.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.