Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Revising a scar after a total hip replacement

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
How do I revise a scar that I got after a total hip replacement. I worked out in the gym 7 days a week and had the most awesome body. Now my leg is disgusting. The scar is dented in and has like a fat pocket below the scar like a saddle bag. Is it possible to smooth or fill the scar in so the leg looks normal again.
Is one allowed to do squats and lunges after 6 months???
Linda
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You need to check with your surgeon about the lunges and squats. The prosthetic hip can become dislocated. A physical therapist could also give you some guidance in this area. This would require another surgery to get the hip back into place.

You can use vitamin E for the scar. Vitamin E will fade the scar dramatically. Massaging the scar and the surrounding area can help with the fat deposit. Use a massager on the area. This does help but it takes time so don't give up if you don't see results right away.
|
Did you find this post helpful?