Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Reverse effects of antidepressants

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
Ive been told I have anxiety attacks, never had them until 1 year ago, my mom passed away , it didnt effect me until a year later, the doctors have put me on every kind of anti depressant, but they all have reverse effects on me , it makes me fell worst and the anxiety is worst , why is this happenning ? I just want some relief... I have been on xanax for a year now to, this is the only thing that helps. I was put through the ringer at the hospital , they did all kinds of test , heart enzymes were great, lungs good,the problem is I cant quit worring about everytjhing, like I said it happened last may 2009. like overnite it happen woke up and boom I coulnt breathe.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi estremelu and welcome to ehealth: Anxiety attacks can stop as easy as they start....We feed them as they come...The more we think, the bigger they get...Soon we have a full blown problem...We swear we are going to have a heart attack...It gets bigger and bigger and our worry is what it feeds on....Next time this starts calm yourself...Get up and watch TV...Take your mind to another part of life...A pleasant time..Think of childhood or a wonderful experience in life...Learn to stop worrying...It isn't going to change yesterday and will mess up your todays...Honey, the relief is in your hands...Pills can be a downer and you really don't want to go that route in life if you don't have to...Next time you wake up and think you can't breathe, take a deep breath and thank God you are alive...It's just a game that we play with ourself and believe me, if I could win, so can you....Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?