Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Retracting foreskin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Hi all,

Firstly, I am 19 years old, going 20 this year. I recently start to read a lot on phimosis and got worried because my foreskin has never been attempted to pull back all the way past my glans..

So yesterday, I attempted my first retracting of the foreskin and after much attempts, i finally managed to pull my foreskin all the way back past my glans. I was overjoyed, but at the same time, VERY afraid because the sensitivity of the penis is too much.

So i wanted to pull my foreskin back into position but it got stuck! I panic!
After several tries, i manage to pull the foreskin back into its original position.

Now, i feel that the foreskin i ALOT looser than before, and i am very scard of pulling it past the glans again.

Now here are the questions..
1. After successfully retracting my foreskin for the first time, and putting it back into position after much tries, my foreskin still closes up over my glands by itself when i just let it be. Is that normal? I could feel the foreskin looser but i just wanted to ask if that is normal..

2. Should I continue pulling my foreskin way past my glans? I kinda had a phobia of doing so after panicking about how my foreskin couldn't return to its original position..

3. Do I have phimosis? My foreskin is very tight, but when I attempt to retract it, I don't feel pain, all i feel was my skin being stretch, and very very mild pain.

Hope somebody would be able to answer these... thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2008
bump. Sad
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Now here are the questions..
1. After successfully retracting my foreskin for the first time, and putting it back into position after much tries, my foreskin still closes up over my glands by itself when i just let it be. Is that normal? I could feel the foreskin looser but i just wanted to ask if that is normal..
yes perfectly normal
2. Should I continue pulling my foreskin way past my glans? I kinda had a phobia of doing so after panicking about how my foreskin couldn't return to its original position.
If you can and it does not cause any significant pain. It will help stretch the skin...but please, before you attempt again, try stretching the skin on your foreskin first by actually pulling it gently, stretching the opening gently. It is an exercise my doctor had me do with my little boy when he was having problems. ALWAYS use water based lubricant when doing so...not a lot but a small amount. It will help you be able to pull your foreskin back in place, and make the risk of it getting stuck a bit less.
. Do I have phimosis? My foreskin is very tight, but when I attempt to retract it, I don't feel pain, all i feel was my skin being stretch, and very very mild pain
Probably...it does sound like it. If you are not comfortable with trying to retract it gently on your own, seek advice from your doc. I am sure he/she has tips on how to do it.
|

Thank you for your reply.

I will try the stretching method first, and if it doesn't work in 2 or 3 weeks, i'll consult the doctor. Smile
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Sounds like a good plan....as long as it doesn't hurt you or cause any problems. But please don't overdo it. I remember my son's doc saying to limit the stretching to twice a day...one time being directly out of a shower. You don't want to overstretch and cause tearing and pain.
|