Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

result after transvaginal ultrasound

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello
I had a transvaginal scan yesterday because of occasional spotting. The radiologist said that there ia a slight thickening of the uterus lining on one side. I had a polyp removed 3 years ago which was not cancerous. She said that there could be another small polyp hidden underneath the lining. I asked her whether I need to worry about it and she said no, because I already had a polyp. I need to see my GP in 10 days that is how long it takes for the result to arrive. The problem is that I am worried. I am 48 years old. Any suggestions on this?

Many thanks

Maria
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 21st, 2009
Maria~ My prayers are with you! I also had a Saline ultrasound and they found a polyp. My dr.requested an D&C and I had that over 1 week ago. While in there they found the polyp and alot of "other" tissue. The Dr. seemed puzzeled and I will get the results from pathology on Monday. I am 37 and have had 3 C-Sections. My periods have been extremly long and heavy over the past year. I have cramping during intercourse which is something that has happened over the past 6 months or so. Needless to say I am concerned. From everything I have read polyps are always non-cancerous. It's the other tissue found that I am concerned about. Good luck to you I hope all is fine!
Stephanie
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply