Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Resting Heart Rate

User Profile
What is the normal resting heart rate suppose to be for a 15 yr. old boy? Not after exercising, just a normal heart rate.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper webskinner
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Supporter
Children ages 11 to 17:
60–100 beats per minute
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Resting Heart Rate
Thanks, my 15 yr. old son just came in from school about an hour ago and was resting on the couch. I have one of those wrist monitors that measures bp and pulse rates..I think he
said his pulse rate was 80..I was just wondering if that seemed high. I did listen just with my head to his chest and his heart seemed to be beating fast. He is laying down resting right now. Thanks again for responding.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Supporter
You're welcome.
Your son is lucky to have such a good mom.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Resting heart rate
Thanks, I appreciate that. I think he thinks I worry to much, ha! But he is my one and only and isn't that what mothers are suppose to do, right! Take care.
|

replied May 25th, 2009
High Heart Rate
As a general rule, I was told in the hospital last year that an individual's heart rate should not go above 220 minus your age. Thus, your son's heart rate would be at the danger point if his heart rate was 205. Above that he should be in the ER.
|

replied July 14th, 2011
i was wearing a heart rate monitor and it showed that i went 2 over my MHR i don't know if it was reading wrong or i really did but my chest was hurting and i had a little trouble breathing but this happens me every time i play a serious game of basketball. My friend told me if i keep reaching my MHR is will wear away my heart muscle is that true?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2009
High Heart Rate
Hi Webskinner,
Thanks for your input..my son's was 80 to 90 but he worries alot. I think he's got a virus, been coughing alot and he had a low grade fever. He was given aspirin to help bring the fever down and some cough medicine last night. I hope he will start feeling better in a day or two. Thanks again.
|

replied March 5th, 2011
my pulse went upto 210 with brisk walking (im 15 too) is that bad?
|

replied August 8th, 2011
v17 you should have prob seen a dr for that because at your age pulse is supposed to range from 60-100 a min
|

replied August 8th, 2011
v17 you should have prob seen a dr for that because at your age pulse is supposed to range from 60-100 a min
|

replied February 5th, 2012
fast heart beat... But not bad ( told the doctor)
I'm 15 (almost 16) and my heart rate is 134 BPM the doctor took some blood and told me its not serious, It may be a problem with some kind of thing in my throught making to much hormones, and that makes my heart beat fast. They told me its not serious I have a healthy heart. Getting results next week. They told me nothing wrong with my heart but something else cuasing it to beat so fast
|

replied February 5th, 2013
heat rate
Im 15 and my at rest heart rate is 144 bpm
|

replied October 20th, 2013
I'm 15 yrs old right now and my bpm is 60 but I'm trying o sleep is that normal
|
Tags: heart rate, heart