Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bacterial Disorders Forum

Repeated yeast infections after sex

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Basically, we have been dating for over a year and she continually gets a bacterial or yeast infection after we have sex. I am uncircumcised and wash daily, however something keeps causing it. is there anything I can do to resolve this. This is frustrating for both her and I, and resolving this is imperative. what can I do, to make sure I am free of anything that is causing this for her?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper moonphases
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
Is it true that many have Hepetitis B?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2009
Supporter
hello depending on the infection if its thrush which is common yo also need to be treate to prevent re-infection..where she shall be treate and cleared you still pass it back to her..
see your doctor together and get same treatment and this situation shall improve.
hope this helps you
good luck.
|

replied November 24th, 2009
This has also happened to me. I am also uncircumcised and wash very thoroughly daily. At first, my girlfriend and I thought it was thrush as well. And as ioka suggested, we both went in to get treated with a cream to help with thrush. I had to put it on myself at the same time she was using the cream. We had to abstain for a couple of weeks as well.

As the cream did cure the thrush, it just happened again after we started having sex again. Very frustrating!

Afterwards, I broke up with that girlfriend and found another girlfriend. This then happened again with my new girlfriend! Of course, I now realized that it is my problem and not the girl. I even spoke with my ex-girlfriend and she does not have thrush anymore.

I have not seen a doctor about this yet, but I suspect that I may have a bacterial yeast overgrowth in my digestive system which would cause yeast to be secreted during urination. Also, if this is the case, then oral sex would affect it as well.

I suggest to use a condom all the time and refrain from oral sex. At least until you find out what's going on for real.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
itchy vagina
as a woman, i can relate. what has worked for me is to insert yogurt in/around her vagina after sex and it will restore what needs to be restored. this works for me, it can be messy, but its worth it. its easiest to get a syringe from the drug store and get plain yogurt with acidophilus. nancy the brand is good but it has to be plain yogurt WITH the acidophilus in it. it should help a lot. and she can put it around her vagina too.
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
Ive had repeated yeast infection as well. I'm not sexually active or anything, but some women are just prone to them. There is a variety of ways to get one, stress, sweets, before, during, or after menstruation, too tight of clothing, and etc. What's best is just getting refills of Diflucan, a cream, or something prescribed by a physician. I also agree with Moonphases, plain, unsweetened yogurt will help alot because of the active cultures in it.
|