Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

repeated the LFT just to double check my bilirubins

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
User Profile
Hi!
I am a 24 year old male. In august 2016, had a routine annual medical examination from office for all the employees. My all results including CBC, CREATININE, FBG, CHEST XRAY came back very normal. Only elevation was in LFT in which both bilirubin were slightly high. Total was 1.55, direct 0.48 and indirect 1.07. Other LFT were normal with ALT AST both at 25 and ALP, GGT both normal as well. Also my Bad cholestrol was high upto 154, but other lipid profile were normal.

I did not see a doctor and read on the internet and found out that mild elevations in bilirubins could be due to fasting. So, I decided to repeat the LFT just to make sure that my bilirubins were indeed normal. But, what I found was that now (not fasting this time) direct came back 0.2, indirect came back 0.5 and total 0.7 but my ALT is high upto 51 U/L and GGT also 60 (which is higher according to some labs). What should I do? Also had mucus in my bms a week ago for which a doctor prescribed me Metrodinazole.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2017
Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Answer A60503
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Lab readings very a little from lab to lab. Important causes for elevated SGPT are viral hepatitis B and C, fatty liver, certain hepatotoxic drugs, and autoimmune liver diseases.

Your bad cholesterol (LDL) were also raised. This may be causing the elevated SGPT/ALT due to fatty liver.

Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and lose weight by doing more exercise and eating less of sugars and oilY food. Say no to any kind of sugars and processed foods. Then get your repeat LDL and ALT levels done. Hopefully they should come back to normal. If they persist then please consult a physician.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Hepatitis
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.