Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

repeated breathing problems and chest pains

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
Not entirely sure how to put this in words, but over the past 4-5 years i've had random (about once every 2 months) minor breathing problems and chest pains (each separate attacks). When the breathing problems occurs, it causes me pain to breath in. Every breath i take it hurts to fill my lungs past 70% full and the only way i've found to get rid of this problem is to breath in as far as i can and shoulder the pain. After about 2-3 full breaths the pain completely disappears. Occasionally when this happens my left arm will hurt, its like a shooting pain down from my shoulder to hand. My shoulder will get a sharp pain in it (dead center of shoulder).
The chest pain i believe to be my heart. It feels like my heart is just vibrating really fast. Then with every breath it feels like my heart beats are off (so it feels at least).

As far as i know, there is no trigger for these episodes. Each episode can be on its own or with the other. I have a feeling it has something to do with my heart

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2012
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A31235
Hi,
Many thanks for posting on the ehealth forum. I am glad to help you out. I can understand the pain and agony you are going through.

The chances of a serious chest ailment seem minimal in view of your age. But any chest pain is cardiac unless proved otherwise.Hence I’ll suggest getting an EKG and a stress echocardiography also done to rule out any heart problem as the cause of the chest pain. Once that’s also ruled out, it could possibly be due to anxiety or muscle ache only and thus nothing much to worry.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.