Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

removal of scar tissue from throat - recovery time?

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
hi im about to have a small operation on my throat to remove some scar tissue which has built up because it hasd caused me to have a really croaky and rough voice.
I do not even know the name of the operation but i am meant to be having it in 7 days.
The problem i have is that i am a primary school teacher and i do not know the recovery for this type of operation. I need to know how long it would be untill i am speaking properly and how long untill i can raise my voice without causing anymore damage?
can anyone help?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 3rd, 2013
I've had three throat surgeries, two for removal of scar tissue. Recovery for each surgery was about 5 weeks due to pain. The scar tissue is back and really bothers me when I have a sore throat. Hope you fare better. God Bless!
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply