Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Relieving Hemroids through Natural Remedies

Natural herbal remedies occupy an important role in Alleviating Hemroids. There are many natural treatment & remedies available which are very natural and not so ruthless than the conventional medical treatment and can provide relief from Hemorrhoids. You benefit from these natural remedies easily at home and alleviate the effects of Hemorrhoids to get some quick relief. These natural methods do not have side effects and are safe compared to medical drugs.

HOME REMEDY # 1
Cranberry poultice preparation- If you want to achieve fast relief from Hemorrhoids, cranberry poultice is the most suitable research. To prepare cranberry poultice you have to take four teaspoonfuls of cranberries and mingle it in a mixer. After merger enfold this powder along with cheese and push it into the anus for the next one hour. This will facilitate a patient to get rid from Hemorrhoids cure.

HOME REMEDY #2
Use onions and garlic
Using onions and garlic is another natural way to treat Hemorrhoids.. The onions and garlic also minimize swelling The process to use the onions and garlic is very easy, you just have to remove the outer cover of the garlic or of the onion and insert it into the rectum. Next day in morning the used garlic/onion will be pushed out along with fecal matter.
Patients who are suffering from bleeding hemorrhoids would not allow using this method.

HOME REMEDY # 3
Use the mixture of germanium and almond oil
To use this natural method, we have to mix the correct ratio of these two oils. After combining systematically, apply it all the affected areas around the anus. This will assist
In slaughtering the microbes and keeps the areas cool.

HOME REMEDY #4
Ice Pack
This pack can be easily prepared at home and it is one of the best way to get rid of hemroid.For this pack we collect some small ice piece in a bag and then apply the bag on all affected areas. Repeat this process at least 15 minutes and see quick results.

HOME REMEDY # 5
Lemon Juice

This juice helps in increasing the blood vessels and also the capillary tubes. We just have to separate the whole lemon into four parts without removing the skin. Then transfer half liter of water into a pot and boil it with the lemon for 15 minutes. Let it to freezing and drink this mixture as and when required.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 18th, 2008
Horse Chestnut- It can be found in pill form or in it's leaf form. For me, I use a product called Hem-Relief which has Horse Chestnut in it. My small external hemorrhoids have not flared up or given me problems for months. My big, once Thrombosed hemorrhoid is another story...

Cayanne Pepper- Reduces blood pressure and will help reduce flare-ups. Also great for first timers who just discovered a hemorrhoid by helping prevent Thrombosis! Mix a tablespoon in with warm water and drink. I usualy mix my tablespoon in a coffee cup but might be too strong for others, so half tablespoon per coffee cup might be more manageable.

Alum Crystal/Powder- Said to be good for any case of hemorrhoids. Hard to find it in crystal or power form. Cranesbill Root is said to have same properties as Alum though. Grind up the root and take 3 oz and dizzolve in warm water. Use a bowl that your bottom can fit in well and soak for 20 minutes. Repeat twice for 2 days. For internal hemorrhoids, use ear dropper for applying inside rectum gently. For some, 5 days might be necesarry. If using Alum Crystal itself or the powder, Place some alum or cranesbill (either grounded or crystal stone depending on what you get) into the jar and add water about 5 times in volume compared to the volume of the alum. So for example, if you use one stone of alum, you can add 5 times that volume in water. Now let the alum dissolve in the water for a few hours until it becomes saturated. Stir it with the spoon if needed to accelerate this process. This will create a concentrated alum solution. Helps reduce flamation, shrinks hemorrhoid tissue and is said to help prevent hemorrhoid from getting worse by to some degree, reversing effects. Will not completely cure hemorrhoid as there is no cure for severe hemorrhoids besides surgery.
|

replied November 5th, 2008
the best results i've ever had were from herbs
the best results i've ever had were from an herbal product with a silly name that i don't think i could ever forget it's called "hemroid Harry"

just google the name you will find it. it worked wonders for me
|

replied September 24th, 2011
I have been suffering from rather large external hemorrhoids for years now.. I even went to the doctor after about a year of suffering only to be given rather expensive suppositories which only aggrivated the problem!! The doctors are useless when you have no health insurance. After coming across this site I decided to give some suggestions a try. First of all diet is very important but it alone is simply not enough to get rid of this problem. I know first hand how much this can control your life and I want to share what I have found so that maybe I can help someone stop suffering as I have finally managed to do on my own. I have taken the most effective treatments and created my own personal program which if you follow my intructions I promise you this will solve this problem and dramatically increase your healing time and potentially rid you of this problem once and for all!!

First I needed things that were common around the house or were inexpensive so here goes... this is what works!

*** In the morning everyday until the problem is gone you need to take a glass of warm water and dissolve 1tsp of cayenne pepper and drink it down.

*Cayenne pepper works from the inside out by relieving swelling and inflammation in veins and is proven to restore vein elasticity to that of a youthful state with continued daily use.

*** For external hemorrhoids I have found that taking equal parts (about 1oz) of witch hazel & apple cider vinegar & crushing one whole clove of garlic into a paste & combining all three together & soaking it into either a cotton ball or gauze pad & leaving this inbetween your butt cheeks all day forces them to shrink & relieves the pain & irritation throughout the day. I tried it without garlic and it wasnt effective. it helped a little bit once garlic was added it made all the difference!! It will burn to begin with but it will be well worth the burn once you wake up on the 3rd day & notice your hemorrhoids almost gone!

*** Also, I take one garlic clove and partially slice it into three sections and lubricate it with aloe vera gel and use it as a suppository nightly. This is patricularly helpful if you have internal hemorrhoids or your hemorrhoids are advanced as mine are and cause a sticky odorless discharge to come out of the anus. This discharge will irritate the hemorrhoids and prolong the healing time. Since garlic kills bacteria it will ensure that most of the discharge that continues to come out is as free of bacteria as possible.

Most of the effective pills you can buy for hemorrhoids contain both cayenne pepper & garlic. Its truly amazing what both of them together can do for your body! They can be quite expensive as well.

*Garlic works because if its antibacterial properties attributed to a chemical it contains called allicin which gives it hemorrhoid fighting antibacterial properties & that distinctive aroma it has. Garlic is even dubbed as the most potent “miracle cures” known to man. It serves as a powerful antibiotic, reduces blood pressure and blood sugar, fortifies the body’s immune system and reduces the cancer causing effects in nitrates.

***Another thing that helps is to use baby wipes & squeeze all of the liquid out of them and soak them in witch hazel for use after going to the bathroom. DO NOT USE TOILET PAPER! IT WILL IRRITATE THE INFLAMED TISSUE & LEAVE YOU UNCLEAN! You need this area to be rid of bacteria to promote healing. Since most witch hazel you find comes with 14% alcohol this is great at relieving the pain, swelling & killing the bacteria after bowel movements.

*Witch hazel also promotes healing by shrinking, stopping bleeding hemorrhoids & reducing inflammation in blood vessels. It is the common ingredient in most over the counter pads (such as Tucks) because of its soothing properties associated with this shrub.

So just remember these 4 ingredients and you will be rid of this problem in no time...

Cayenne pepper (orally daily in 8fl oz warm water)

Garlic (externally, internally & orally daily)

Witch Hazel (as a topical & after bowel movements)

Apple cider vinegar (orally, internally & externally)

None of us want this problem to last any longer than it has to so taking a multiple cure approach has been in my experience the most effective treatment in curing my own problem. I hope you will take my advice and together we can all spread the word on what really works!!! Good luck!
|

replied March 15th, 2012
bad advice?
I followed the advice of mixing witch hazel, apple cider, and garlic....guess what? I basically need new a'hole. My rectal area along with the hemorrhoids are burnt. Not sure if it's just my reaction, or a practical joke of some sort. either way, I'd be cautious and skip this. The pain is excruciating now.
|

replied June 5th, 2012
If you go to a doctor, they usually ask if you are having anal sex. Even if you don't, they just assume you do, whether or not you are male or female. That is why many are too embarrassed to see a doctor. And the problem just gets worse. It is a sad state that American health are is in. I work for several doctors, in a medical clinic, and have seen it first hand. Some leave angry or in tears after the accusation. It is just wrong.
|

replied March 25th, 2013
it must be a joke
Same here. Do not use witch hazel, apple cider and garlic. I kept it between my buttocks for half a night and now my ass has been on fire for two days. And I don't think it will go away soon. STAY AWAY!!!!!
|

replied August 13th, 2013
Garlic and witch hazel
I used minced garlic and witch hazel together on a wet wipe last night after being told I could use surgery on a thrombosed hemorroid I've had for 2 weeks. Burned for 15 minute...today the external hemorroid sticking out of my but is gone!!! Still a bit sore back there (burn?) but I'll take this any day to surgery, stiches, doctor bills, prescription pills etched etc. thank you for the advice and ignore the wimps that tell you or does not work !
|

replied September 4th, 2013
Cloves stops bleeding
I have had bleeding internal hemorrhoids for over 10 years now. The bleeding has become pretty regular and can be severe, and has even caused me to become anemic at times. One winter my Mom gave me a container of her russian spiced tea. For weeks the bleeding stopped. I did some experimenting with the ingredients (Tang, Tea, Cinnamon, Lemonade, Cloves, Sugar) and found that the Cloves were the key ingredient. When mixing a quarter to half teaspoon of cloves into a glass of orange juice each morning, my bleeding stops. Hope this helps someone as it has helped me. I do still bleed when going off the cloves but I have not gotten in the habit of taking it long term. I hope to do that and avoid banding or other surgery.
|

replied October 25th, 2013
Cloves update - I have found that taking cloves daily over the long term, my body seems to adjust and the bleeding comes back. What I do now is, when bleeding begins, mix 1/4 tsp of cloves in my orange juice in the morning. This stops the bleeding before my next B.M. And usually the bleeding stops for a week or so. I am repeating this pattern in the hopes that it becomes permanent.
|