Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Red, wrinkled, dry skin on penis and scrotum

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
im 20 and just recently noticed that my entire penis including the head, shaft and scrotum are red with wrinkly dry skin that peels to a point of leaving sore spots on it. i dont itch, and it doesnt hurt (unless the skin peels too deep). i have stopped masturbating for a few days now and havent tried putting on any kind of cream or lotion since. i have had this once before when i got jock itch, and it went away after about a week. i just wanted to know if the two are correlating symptoms or not? also, is there anything i can do to help it go away.

thanks for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper stratusfear
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Discoloration of the genital region can be due to fungal infections (Tinea Cruris, ringworm) also called Jock Itch. Other causes of genital itching can be due to allergy, skin friction Eczema, and bacterial infections.

You may consult with your doctor for a examination and undergo proper treatment for the specific conditions.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.