Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Red Testicles?

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
Hi everyone and thanks in advance for the responses. Last week I did something pretty stupid. I had protected sex with a girl and after I was done instead of just washing off the area with hand soap and water decided to take a squirt of dish soap and just rub it in like lotion. By the next night and especially the next day my scrotum only not so much my shaft was red and hotter than usual, then began to itch and sting when touched. my question is does this sound like it could be from the dish soap or could it be the dreaded genital herpes? Since then I've been in full blown anxiety mode over the whole thing. I put cortisone cream on it and it helps with the itching but my scrotum is still a little red but not as bad as before. Again thanks for all replies, and if this is not fully better by mid week I will be going to my doctor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2011
I wouldn't worry about herpes too much. It is likely you had a small reaction to the dish soap yes, but it also sound like it could be a minor fungal/yeast infection. Ringworm/jock itch tends to make the scrotum red. Have you experienced a constant itch/tingling sensation since it started? Many creams generally cure this such as lamisil because it is such a common problem, especially in men. Genital herpes also generally tends to be on the shaft of the penis and you would not experience symptoms the next day. Definitely sounds like an irritant to the soap or basic jock itch.
|

replied September 24th, 2011
Did you find a solution to your problem?
|
Quick Reply