Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red stretch mark type lines all over neck (Pics)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi,
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been suffering from skin condition for a little more than 2 years. I have been to numerous dermatologists but with no success. At first I was leaning towards Terra firma-forme dermatosis, a skin condition that can easily be removed with the rubbing of isopropyl alcohol. I tried and it doesn't seem to work, regardless of how much friction and force I applied. The applied areas became red and sore. I have also tried other remedies like African Shea butter, olive oil, lime juice, etc. Please help me rid this haunting problem of mine.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
Do the dermatologists just say they have no idea? How long have you had this condition? Is it only on your neck? Have you showed it to a regular doctor since the dermatologist can't give you any answers? I have a friend whose neck turns blotchy red all over when she gets nervous. Is your skin normally sensitive in other areas?
|

replied June 18th, 2009
Hey Wendy,

Thanks for replying. I have noticed this for about 2 years but it seems worse now. The dermatologist seems to think its a simple case of eczema and prescribed various creams but with no result. Yes I have sensitive skin and once in awhile I would fall victim to regular eczema that would cure in a week or so. Any ideas?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Supporter
I would think it's probably eczema like the dermatologist suggested. The creams seem to help on the other parts of your body. I would suggest going back to the dermatologist and ask for something a little stronger for your neck. That area may be more sensitive to the condition. I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon.
|
Quick Reply