Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Red spots on the head of my penis (Page 1)

so, for some time now, I have red spots on the head of my penis at times, most often, right after having sex, most of the time they go away but, almost always come back after having sex, almost always only when I am wearing a rubber,, on a side note, I have had this dull pain when I pee for over two years, now, sometimes it is more of a sharper pain, most of the time a dull pain, I have seen so many Doc's about this, they have done ever test you could think of, and come back with nothing, One Doc told me it could have to do with my prostate, I am on Flowmax for a bladder that will not empty all the way out, do you have any thoughts, thanks,,
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ez1
|

replied April 14th, 2009
Same
i have the same thing... i think
doc's have tried everything but they seem to be convinced its bacterial, im on a 5 week course of antibiotics.
ive had it since i was about 12, before any sort of sexual intercourse. the spots disapear when pushed, for a few seconds, so its like its blood under my skin. each spot takes about a month to go away. and then another one pops up. it makes it especially hard to have sex with anyone since i dont want them to think i have something.
please someone help us?
thanks
|

replied January 3rd, 2012
Red dots
I absolutely believe its bacterial, because I got these dots right after I had sex with my wife and she had bacteria problems aka yeast infections, UTI..etc. I was crying over the fear and nervousness...they do not itch nor burn nor conflict any type of pain. I'm assuming we need a cream or pills for this. My Doc appt is tomorrow, keep you guys posted.
|

replied March 20th, 2012
Any word from the doc?
|

replied April 9th, 2012
guys try washing it with a saline soultion( salt water) twice a day and wear loose pants and make sure your penis stays dry..also try and get and antimicrobial cream and make sure when you piss it is dry because if you eat a lot of sugars they can stay in you piss when that gets on the penis it feeds teh yeast thus a yeast infection
|

replied July 10th, 2012
hey man, i dont know what to do im freaking out! i dont use condoms and girl was a virgin before she met me. ( trust me i know) and she wouldnt cheat because im not tryina be cocky but im above her a league a little.. but anyways i noticed today that ive been scrathin my tip alot lately. then when i was taking a dump a noticed i had red bumps on my tip! it dosent hurt and you seem to know stuff about this. i put neosporin on it and it kinda helped. im not circumsized. if that helps
|

replied April 9th, 2012
guys try washing it with a saline soultion( salt water) twice a day and wear loose pants and make sure your penis stays dry..also try and get and antimicrobial cream and make sure when you piss it is dry because if you eat a lot of sugars they can stay in you piss when that gets on the penis it feeds teh yeast thus a yeast infection
|

replied October 16th, 2012
Red spots on penis
Yo Boys (and girls)..
I had the red spots for several months..
I read on here that it could be a yeast infection so I bought a generic over the counter vaginal cream (clotrimazole 2% usp). i rubbed it on my penis head and shaft in the morning and again before bed. Nothing happened the first week nor the second week, BUT on the third week... it all cleared up !!
This response is to let everyone know to stick with it ! the first two weeks saw little change...so don't get discouraged...
|

replied December 15th, 2012
Problem Solved
I had the same problem. Red painless spots on the tip. They lasted about three months. I went to the doc and had them take a look and run some test and they were convinced that it was a bacteria thing. I tried the athletes foot/ yeast infection creams but didn't see any improvement. They definently became more noticeable after sex/masturbation. I don't know why but I randomly got in a hot tub about a week ago for probably 45 minutes and the next day they started to disappear and then a few days later they were completely gone. It could have been the chlorine in the jacuzzi I'm not really sure but it might be worth a try if nothing else has worked for you.
|

replied August 12th, 2013
This is almost certainly genital herpes,it comes and goes with tension stress etc and will lay dormant for years and then return.Pain sometimes uder prostate area and small red blister like dots on head of penis,i have had it for years now with no real problem.
|

replied April 14th, 2009
yeah,, kind of the same thing, I have not had them as long as you,, but, they come and go, dont hurt, no puss, and or anything,, and have every test with no real answers,,
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
help!
i have sex abowt 3 times a day but not sundays. and have been for about 9 months now. and i have red dots. its probably a dum question.. but is that the reason?
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
do you wear a rubber when you have sex,, Im starting to wonder if its a friction thing? I really think for me,, its either a friction thing, or some kind of reaction to the lube Im using, Lately I have been getting right into the shower, pretty much RIGHT after having sex, and I have not had them, BUT, I have also not been wearing a condom lately as I have a stead partner, so, it could have been the condom,, I hate not knowing what it is from, lol
|

replied July 12th, 2010
I have also had the same problem of the
red spots and I have come to a conclusio that it is the frictioon of not havinng sex with a condom.
They mostly appear for people who are not circumsized.
As the penis is not used to being "out" annnd exposed.
Getting circumsized is the way forward.

Hope this helps!!
|

replied November 1st, 2011
yes this helped me alot i really hope u are right
|

replied November 1st, 2011
yes this helped me alot i really hope u are right
|

replied July 12th, 2010
I don't totally agree that getting circumsized is the only way forward,, being an un circumsized guy here I want all the guys that have been circumsized to know that you are missing a LOT of sensation and feelings,due to the fact that your foreskin was cut off, nerve endings and sensory's you have a lot missing that you will never know about, just as quick as I have said that, I actually thought about doing it my self if this problem did not go away, here is what I found, first offf,, I started this latest conversation as my post was the first, so, here is an up date, I had a prostate infections, that was not std related , that was the cause of the dull pain in the tip of my penis,, as for the sopts, I have not had then in a LONG time now, and I also have not had a condom on in quite a while as I have a steady partner and so on, ,, so, I think it was friction from the condom,,, or the brand of condom, I wear magnum XL, and I wonder if there is an additive or what ever in their brand, but, really what I found out is, I hear straight to the shower right after sex, and I have not had a problem, Smile,, so,, there is where it is for me for now, thanks, sorry the the foreskin rant, LOL,
|

replied June 7th, 2011
I have a Red spot at the tip of my penis (near the urethra)
Ya so I have kinda the same thing, i have a red spot on the tip of my penis and IT doesn't hurt at all when I pee, or wank off..... but anyways it has me worried abit, i have been looking on websites and it says that it may be just an irritated spot. i need some advice!!
Thanks
P.S this isnt a reply!!!!!
|

replied July 28th, 2011
red spots
well i have little red spots too..im only 15 & i never had sex with anyone..& noone in my family seems to have this symptons...anyone can help?
|

replied March 20th, 2012
It could be you are masturbating through clothes causing friction. It could also be from rubbing against, well your hand in this case, but for me, the cause is when I wear jeans and she rubs against me.
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
red spots
The little red spots are a yeast infection, not lethal in anyway and they come and go with any number of things including stress, cleanliness, friction can have a factor too, as far as I'm aware they are not contagious.
|

replied May 7th, 2013
Yeast infections ARE contagious. Sexual partners pass them back & forth if both people are not treated properly at the same time!
|

replied October 19th, 2011
I have same thing as for red spot on the tip of my penis. But I also have a rash between my legs. It all itches. And after I wank it's worse sometimes. And it is emabarassing because someone would think you have an STD. What is there to take to help this yeast infection, if that's what it may be?
|

replied July 19th, 2012
get a womans 7day yeast infection treatment and just wash your penis with a natural soap with no harsh chemicals or scents. put the cream from the treatment on your penis. do this for 7 days twice a day and it should help.
|

replied October 19th, 2011
Red spots on tip of my penis
I have same thing as for the red spots on the tip of my penis. But I also have a rash between my legs. It all itches. And after I wank it's worse sometimes. And it is emabarassing because someone would think you have an STD. What is there to take to help this yeast infection, if that's what it may be?
|

replied October 24th, 2011
spot on penis
i have yeast infection and it just wont go away and now i have this red little spot on the top of my penis and don't know what to do! can some body please tell me
|

replied October 25th, 2011
i have this same problem and recently i have been freaking out but im going to just wash my groin area carefully and keep an eye on it and if it gets worse i will see a doctor about it, im just glad its not only me with a non irritating red spot on my penis head
|

replied December 4th, 2011
Red Dots
I have the same thing going on except it does not hurt when i pee. I was not concerned much because i had no other problems with my body but i went and i came out negative, it only happens when i have sex with a condom so i think it might be a reaction to the condom.
|

replied December 6th, 2011
okay im 15 and i had unprotected sex not that long ago. after sex i fell asleep and for got to shower. when i woke up to go to the restroom to pee, i noticed really little red spots on the right side of the head of my penis, but it does not hurt when i pee. recently the spots gone away but its still a little red. and now i have a dot on the tip of the head but its the same color of my penis. im afraid that this might be STDs. can any one tell me what it can be? PLEASE!!!
|

replied December 17th, 2011
Red spots penis DIY treat
Ok .. I found a solution to our spots on our penis heads. It's a friction and bacteria problem. You guys might want to lay off the sex for about two weeks and be sure to clean ur penis throughly everyday. second buy KY or some type of lubricant, and make sure u use it when having sex. Last but not least if ur too lazy to take a shower you'd better clean it with a wipie or something that an help clean until u shower.
I only came to find out today. Since I haven't had sex for about 4 days, these red spots seem to be going away, Shrinking and some are disappearing.
Be sure to clean it daily and use proper lubrication and u should be fine-- and seriously lay off the wank and sex atleast until ur penis heals a bit =]
|

replied December 21st, 2011
I have some red dots on mine as well it's just kind of freaking me out a little. my girlfriend as well. I find it pretty strange because sometimes there will be a bunch of these tiny little things and then like an hour later there won't be nearly as much. doesn't hurt or bother me, i just want to know what is causing it or what it is because it's hard to get a straight answer for me.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 1st, 2012
little dots redish bruise color on the very tip of the penis
I came here for the same reason, little dots redish bruise color on the very tip of the penis. I figured it out. I have not had sex for 6months min. I wanked with a suction system two days ago new contraption that focused it suction at the tip. A BJ could do this very easy too.
Or vigorous gripping of the penis tip in the heat of the moment. lol
Mine dots are not bumps not raised don't hurt. I know there are little blood vessels that got broken. Like a hickey. Have fun play safe that way you will be able to continue to play forever.
|

replied June 4th, 2012
What the hell is it
I just noticed red dots on te head of my penis but for an odd reason only the back as they don't hurt or itch when I pee it doesn't hurt, I have sex alot though recently when I put on a condom last time( I dont use them with people I trust) kinda had a weird heat feeling on my dick
|

replied June 14th, 2012
I truly hope it helps you
I have had these problem for about a year and a half now, at first it was driving me crazy and i got to the point where i was stressed out all day everyday for this reason. I tried many things, from home remedies( garlic dipping) to monistat to the doctors diflucan(for serious yeast infection). Some of them worked for a bit or at least gave me some relief, but in the end the red dots, irritation on the tip after sex and the dry feeling on my penis would not go away. Believe me when i say i tried everything, i did not trust the doctors but i stick with his directions both of the times i went there. I read a lot and going through Forums like this one i started to get an idea of the problem myself. I am a very healthy guy who goes to the gym 5 times a week and work a lot, i like chocolate and came to find out too much sugar would not help with the issue. After sometime i came to an article on the body's PH. I never knew how important in so many aspects of life having a balanced PH was. I started eating better, more fruits and vegetables that would help me raise my PH and started taking one a day gummies. It made all the difference, after one week i started to feel better and even thought the problem had damaged my skin sensitivity now i feel like i used to feel before this changed. I am a 27 years guy and always hoped i could write on this forums with the answer. Im not saying it will work for everybody but i had the same problem and symptons explained by most of the guys in every one of this blogs. Always make sure you get checked out for STD'S just as i did and thank God it was not.
|