Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Red spots on body, bug bites?

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Recently after lying in bed for about 20 minutes, I notice intense itching all over. This sometimes is bad enough to wake me after I fall asleep, or in last night's case force me to sleep elsewhere. The itching stops when I leave my own bed, which causes me to believe I have some sort of pest living in there. However, that is not my question, tonight in the shower I noticed many red lumps on my upper arms. Upon closer inspection I found that there are a few on my lower arms (about 10 each) located mainly on the inner (same side as palm of hand) side of the arm. On the upper arms, around the biceps, on my right side they appear in an area approximately. 1 inch by 3 inches, although they have no pattern inside this area (about 25-40 spots in this area). On my left arm however, in an area about 3 inches by 4 inches (also on the bicep) they appear in 3 rows, each about 1/3 inch with an inch gap between (there are about 25-75 in each row). The dots themselves are red, slightly darker than a scratch would be, round (not perfect circles, but not oblong or noticeably irregular), and are NOT raised (running a finger over them, the area feels like regular skin). Also it might be useful to note that they do not currently itch. My question is are these bites from whatever pest is probably living in my bed? What could it be? Are they from something else? What can be done to treat them?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 30th, 2009
Bed bugs
|

replied October 9th, 2010
One uniform, small, round red ring around raised blister like centre. Whole spot is under half a centimetre. Quite itchy.
|