Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red spots on arms and chest

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Alright, I've been searching around these forums for a similar skin problem as mine,but everytime i find one close in similarity there is a difference i dont got. ok, these spots are slightly raised like u can run ur fingers down your arm and feel them slightly. They are only appearing on my Arms,chest,stomach,shoulders and back. None on my legs,butt,or face whatsoever. Ive had them for almost 6 months now and they slightly fade then reappear noticably again. I first noticed them on my arms not so bad then as days passed spread to chest and back. They rarely get itchy and get sort of flakey when scratched. The sizes are very various, from smaller than a pencil eraser size to alittle bigger than a quarter size. Im guessing that they merge into a big patch if they appear close together. The real problem with them is their appearance to others which is very noticeable. I would take a picture and post it but my camera isnt working properly at the moment. I noticed that high temperature turn them brighter red? not sure just on a few occasions. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, and any changes on symptoms ill be sure to post them. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
It might be the Chlorine in your water, read my testimonial at Chlorinefreeshower.INFO.
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2009
I dont think its the chlorine in the water after i shower, actually after a shower they fade abit, then a few hours after reappear again.
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2009
wow, ive been having the same thing your describing for awhile now, do the spots look like splattered paint spots? anyways ive just been hoping they would go away in due time but they are still there. found out anything yet? if i find out anything ill be sure to post it here.

Rena~
|

User Profile
Yea zerenalyn, they do look like those spots u described. and no i havent really havent been able to find anything on this. its really bugging me, actually right now they looked kinda faded and a tan color in my skin. it really worries me, and im hopeing they will go away soon. =(
|

Hey guys, i think i have the same thing, except that i think i had it so long they spread alittle to the upper part of my thighs. its wierd cuz they dont get itchy much and are just there, dang maybe these forums will provide me with an answer to this problem. anything that i find out ill try and post it here. good luck!! and hopefully this isnt a serious thing!
|

replied July 19th, 2012
Ive had mine for 2 years now and at first were only on my arms but have spread to my chest.
Can't find anything online about them at all.
They are a tannish color and don't itch at all.
|

replied July 19th, 2012
The only thing I found online was for lupus or skin cancer
But my spots don't itch it flake like it says would be the case
If it were lupus or skin cancer So I'm stumped on
What it could be, but if anyone here with this problem
Has flaky spots or raised bumps or itching you should
Probably see a dr and stay out of the sun and wear a hat
And long sleeves when outside in sun light.
|

replied December 28th, 2012
Hey guys, I think I'm having the same problem but my spots just appeared yesterday, but it was only just one spot on my left arm. Today they have spread to both my arms, upper thighs, chest, and stomach. They're itchy at times and get very red. I've had an itching problem with a rash for about 4 months now but it's never looked this bad. I believe that prior it was scabies, since doctors have told me that I've had that twice and different times already in the past. But recently I have just been exposed to being around 2 dogs and 4 cats since I started house-sitting for someone about 4 days ago. Now the dogs I am used to since I own one myself and have never had a problem, but this is new for me to be around cats for this long. I was thinking it could be an allergic reaction to the cats since my dad and my brother are both allergic, even though I've never shown any signs of being allergic to them in the past (but I've never been around them for days at a time). Any responses could help, I hope this information could possibly lead to an explanation for you guys as well. Best of luck!
|

replied April 2nd, 2013
I have the same thing.i got a hot tub the other day&thats the only reason that i can think of? It is on my stomach and under my arm pits. It is sore&itchy?
Can anyone help
|