Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Red spot near vagina opening

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago. only for a few minutes. however lately my vagina area has been itchy, i thought it was thrush so have put cream on and the itchiness is not so bad anymore. however i recently noticed a little red spot appear, quite small, like a little lump. i have looked up symptoms of genital warts and still am not clear on what to think. i am worried about what to think or do. i do not want to speak to my mum about it, i am a little embarrassed. could i have some advice on what to do please. should i be worried about genital warts. i am really scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
Herpes will show itself within 1-7 days after being contracted. If the sex was a couple of weeks ago, I would not be concerned.
Is the spot painful? Could is possibly be an ingrown hair? Herpes sores come in groups, and quite quickly and very painful. Genital warts also come on quite quickly. Condoms should protect against these viruses but not always, if more appear or it gets worse, you should to see a doctor.
|

replied November 24th, 2009
the spot is not painful, however near one i have noticed a little cut it looks like, and appears sore, the spot is not sore itself, and a couple more have appeared. should i still go see a doctor? thank you for your advice.
|