Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Red, sore, inflamed gums

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I was recently told I have mild to moderate gum issues by a dentist and I've been taking care of them, brushing twice a day in the morning and before bed as well as rinsing once a day and flossing at least once a day and my gums look and feel so much better. They're pink now and don't bleed when I brush, but are still receded and pocketed a little. I usually don't drink soda very often if at all. I just don't think it's good for my teeth and gums the way they are. But today I splurged a little at a friends house and drank some Root Beer. After I drank it two of my bottom teeth were sore and when I got home my gums on the front teeth (The ones that are most receeded) were red a sore.

Did the soda cause this and should I just stay away from soda all together?
Did you find this post helpful?
|