Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Red pimple like bumps

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
My sister in law is 9 months pregnant and was in jail recently but now she is out and during her time in jail she started getting Red pimple like bumps that itch and turn into scabs then scar. they are all over her face and on her prego belly and on her back and her butt cheeks. they start out like red pimples that itch and in result of itching they scab up and dont heal very well. she is concerned because she has fairly clear skin normally and this started happening during her time in jail and later in her pregnancy so she dont think its the hormones from the pregnancy!! she is due anyday and she dont have insurance yet to get it checked out so she is becoming concerned since she has been out of jail for as month and no change in skin for the better. it actually has worsen so if you know anything please please reply!!!!!!!!!!! thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2008
Possibly Chicken Pox (or STD)
I don't know too much about STDs, but ask her if she did anything sexual in jail.
Also ask her if she ever had Chicken Pox. I've never had them, but it could possibly be them (red spots on the body).
|

replied September 21st, 2008
well she didnt do anything sexually in jail...she is not that kinda female. and she has had chicken pox before! but i dont really think its that dont you normally have a fever during chicken pox! any other thoughts???? doctor looking thanks peace
|