Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

red lump on chest (Page 1)

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Please help me! I have this red bump on my chest that has been there as long as I can remember. 3-5 years now? It's raised and red. It does not ooze anything nor has it ever bled. I don't even remember it happening. I think it was a pimple I kept picking at. It's smooth and creates no pain or discomfort, except sometimes when my clothes rubs against it the wrong way it irritates it. It's a pretty small bump. I tried looking up what it could be but all that pops up is skin cancer. Which I'm terrified of. Could that be it? I don't really meet any of the symptoms of cancer though. When I told a dermatologist about what it was she said it just looked like a whole bunch of tissue cause I kept picking at it over and over again. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kavinkavin
|

replied April 24th, 2009
I have the same thing!
This is the only thing I've read that is anything similar to what I have. I have exactly what you are describing. It's a smal roundish red raised lump on the upper center part of my chest. Someone told me breast cancer wouldn't be located there. I have no idea what it is...but it just showed up one day about a year ago.
|

replied April 26th, 2009
i wonder...
Has yours changed in size at all?! mine has stayed the same for years now. do you have a picture of it? is that allowed to be posted on this website? and yes, you can rule breast cancer out i'm POSITIVE that is not what it is.
|

replied July 30th, 2009
CHERRY ANGIOMA?
i think i have the same thing. CHERRY ANGIOMA. it's a cluster of blood vessels or something like that. only in rare cases when they're numerous do they suggest liver damage and has nothing to do with cancer, thank god. hope that helps?
|

replied December 8th, 2009
I have one that just popped up within a week. Its on my chest, causes no pain or irritation. Its a little translucent, It look almost like its full of water but it wont pop. I stuck a needle through it and didnt feel any pain, But it bled alot. Its a little smaller than a BB. Anyone have any other Ideas?
|

replied September 15th, 2013
Hi, I have the exact same thing, it has been here about a month and I also stuck a needle through it, felt no pain, it bled a lot, but didn't get any smaller or go away. Did you ever find out what it was?? I can't seem to find this same description anywhere online.
|

replied June 11th, 2010
Re: (new lumps, bumps or changes in old ones)
Go to your doctor! Only a medical professional can tell you for sure whether or not you have cause for concern.
I have had this happen a few times the last couple of years and luckily both came back non cancerous.
Melanoma should be taken very seriously.
|

replied December 29th, 2010
I have the exact same thing. I went to the doctor and he told me it was a small cyst that had hardened and became scar tissue. They can be cut off but the chest is a very scarring area so cutting it off could make it worse. I am having mine cut off in febuary
|

replied May 17th, 2011
oh my gosh, I have the same thing, a red bumb in the center of my chest, it looks similar to a pimple but it won't pop. my mom always tells me nothing is wrong with me no matter what I ask her. it's been there for almost a month. should I be worried?
|

replied July 29th, 2011
G123C, Please tell us the results of your operation. How is the scar? Can you post a link to a picture of the result?
|

replied August 21st, 2011
i have a red lump near my nipple which keeps coming and going. At first i thought i had been bitten but because it does keep re-occurring i'm a little worried now. It's slightly hard and very red. HELP! what is it??? Will probably go to the doctors soon.
|

replied August 22nd, 2011
I have a little red bump also I'm going to my Dermatologist soon it almost looks like a little blister but it's been there for months and it's really starting to scare me I've had skin cancer before from moles and such but this is a little pinkish dot on my breast and it won't go away!
|

replied October 30th, 2011
Bum on My Chest
i have the same bump on my chest which is sometimes itchy not painful. but it is irritating to see it. anyone who can heelp. it's been in existence for less than a year
|

replied January 8th, 2012
Small blister like bump that appeared out of nowhere
I too just developed this small blister like spot on my chest just a few days ago. I thought it would go away but today it appears a little redder and I'm beginning to wonder what it could be. I am awaiting my insurance card so I can visit a dermatologist. A few days ago I was so exhausted I practically slept all day.... That's so not like me and I awoke to find this spot. Wondering if there is a connection. I haven't felt that tired since
|

replied February 4th, 2012
i have one on my chest, i sqeuuzed it thinking it was a spot and some blood and clear stuff comes out does that mean anything????????
|

replied March 6th, 2012
bump on collar bone
I had what looked like a zit near my collar bone and stupid me kept picking at it. In about a week after the scab went away a bump bout the size of a small pea formed, its hard but does not really hurt. Its been there for about a year and has not changed size. It is though exteamly nervewrecking. What can it be? please just say its scar tissue from picking at it.
|

replied April 18th, 2012
red
i have red bump in center of my chest for years now. its growing very slowly. i thought its a pimple but its not. what can it be???
|

replied April 20th, 2012
red bump
I also have this red bump..ive had it for years now..ive been recearching the internet to find out what it was and it brought me here..seems im not the only one..its so embarrasing cause people always ask what it is..it looks like a wart but i know its not..ive searched warts and none of them look like my bump. mine has gotten bigger slowly over the years..can anyone help to get it to go away! i cant even wear necklaces anymore because it irritates it!
|

replied April 25th, 2012
Cherry Angioma
Cherry Angioma and Your Skin

A cherry angioma is a smooth, cherry-red bump on the skin.

Although cherry angiomas usually appear on the trunk of the body, they can occur nearly anywhere. The cause of cherry angiomas is not known and the growths usually appear on people over the age of 40.

What Are the Symptoms of Cherry Angiomas?

Cherry angiomas are small, bright red growths that are smooth. The size of the growths can vary from the size of a pinhead to about a quarter inch in diameter.

How Is a Cherry Angioma Treated?

In most cases, cherry angiomas do not require treatment. If they are cosmetically unappealing or are subject to bleeding, angiomas may be removed by lasers or electrocautery -- the process of burning or destroying tissue by use of a small probe with an electric current running through it. Removal may cause scarring.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-tre atments/guide/cysts-lumps-bumps
|

replied August 1st, 2012
red lump
im 24 and I had a small pinkish/red lump in the center on my chest for about four weeks, i thought it was a pimple at first but was hard and never healed. i went to the doctors today and he said it has to be removed and tested so he removed it and i had stitches put it. So i get the results back next week, hopfully not skin cancer!
|

replied September 25th, 2012
smal red bump
i have a small red bump on my chest. sometimes its itchy and has a burning sensation. somedays its tiny and somedays its big. i recently has an anxiety attack. and thats when it showed up. what could it be?
|
12 >>