Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Red labia and thick, white discharge???

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Approximately three weeks, I started to experience a burning sensation in my upper labia area near my mons pubis. I examined myself and was shocked to see three "scratches" that were about 1 in to 2 inches in length. The "scratches" were painful, red and located on both sides. I had just shaved so I figured that maybe I had unknowingly cut myself while shaving. They hurt for about 4-5 days and then healed on their own. About two weeks ago, I started to have slight itching in the same area but no "scratches" but noticed my vulva was really red. At this time, I also decided to do a self examination and noticed that my discharge was thick, white and sticky. Most people would automatically assume a yeast infection. However, I have NO clumps, NO pain on urination, NO pain with intercourse and NO intense or extreme itching. I have had two prior yeast infections before with antibiotic use and both were absolutely horrible, I experience all of the above symptoms and the itching was absolutely insane! I also just did an at home test for vaginal infections and my PH balance came back normal but it stated that if I had a discharge that it could possibly be a yeast infection. In the last two days, another "scratch" has showed back up and my vulva is red again. I cannot get in my GYN for at least another week and I am at lost with what this could possibly be? Any suggestions or has anyone ever experienced something similiar? Any opinions are greatly recommended. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|