Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Red, Itchy Vagina

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
For the past two or three days, my vagina has been very itchy and slightly painful. I am a virgin, but have gotten fingered three days ago. Could it be because of a yeast infection of maybe the friction?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ohcalcuta
|

replied June 30th, 2009
it MIGHT BE THe friction of HIS hANDs, Or waS HIS hands clean wheN he fingeRED you OR HAve you been keeping yoURself dry down there? SometImes EXCESSIVE MOISTURE CAUSES A UNCOMFORTABLE ENVIORNMENT > IS THeRE ANY EXCESSIVe white discharge like cottage cheeses. i think it might just be from the friction of his fingers touching you, you sound sensitive.
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
Who said it was a he. Anyway, wisdom could be right, although it depends, if his fingers actually entered you vagina or not, or if he stayed around the outside just touching the clitoris. If the latter is what happened, it is more likely that it is just friction and a bit of irritation as your a virgin. However if his fingers went inside you, and he had dirt under his nails or was just generally unhygenic that day it could be a little infection. Dont worry about seeing your doctor about it. It will fade in a couple days.
|
Users who thank livelycadaver for this post: LetTheWorldTakkOver 

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2009
I have also recently noticed that my vagina is red, sore and itchy with sort of yellowy discharge. Its has been like that for the past 4 or 5 days right around the time my girlfriend performed oral sex. I have looked on the net but am not sure what it may be and if I can treat it on my own or if I need to consult with my doctor. I was just wondering if anyone here may have an answer as to what it may be.
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
if u have a discharge like u describe see a Dr and if it has an odor then for sure since it likely is a fungus or a bacterial infection
I don't know about the 4 or 5 days, u might want to research incubation in STDs if that is a worry
|

replied October 23rd, 2009
itchy, sore vagina
i dont want to go to a doctor because im a scared. I dont like the idea of a doctor looking at my private parts. i am quite a private person. I am a virgin however i have got fingered before. Since then my vagina hole has become very itchy and sore and has turned red. also i have red spots surrounding this area. it has been there for about 2 weeks. im really scared. Could anyone help me find out what has happened.
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
FYI in any given clinic about 35% of patients come in for crotch problems so while u might think of it as SUPER EMBARRASSING; it will be one more boringly normal day at the clinic
|

replied November 5th, 2009
Hi,

It happened only when you are having some kind of infection or somewhere you are not taking care of your hygenic condition and also there might be unhygenic sex so, it is important to have hygenic sex and also if you are going for oral sex then also your hands should be clean.

Also, after having sex it is important to wash all your clothes in some disnfectant, so that to get rid of bacterias.

Thanks!
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2010
i am suffering the same thing, after my first time having sex back in january i am very itchy, red and sore?
what is the problem and i have tiny little spots.
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2013
You should see a doctor
|

replied March 31st, 2010
Please see a doctor
You really should see a doctor, there are some infections that could lead to very serious complications & only a doctor can diagnose what your problem is for certain. They are trained professionals & you need not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable getting checked out. Would you rather 'die of embarrassment' or die from an infection?
|

replied July 10th, 2010
oh my god these answers are scaring me, my boyfriend poked me like a week ago but im still suffering from itchy vagina sometimes its like really itchy and sometime im okay, but iv never had this problem with other guys :/ and its not cause he's a dirty person or something he's really clean but my friend was telling me she got the same problem when this dude poked her it could be cause they smoke, cause when the non-smokers poked me i had no problems. i dont think its any infection but sometimes my pee is like pinky colour and i can see pinky stuff on the toilet paper after i clean ://. anyyy suggestions whats up with me?
|

replied July 18th, 2010
Definitely consult your doctor when you don't know what's wrong.

Diagnosis over the internet has a much higher chance of being completely wrong.
|

replied July 19th, 2010
1st an answer for U - 2nd then a question for me...
A: I've recently read that vaginal secretions can turn a bit yellowish when exposed to the air. Also, the color may slightly change throughout the month, such as during ovulation becoming clearer or more white. If it is itchy w/ a thick, cottage cheese-like consistency it very well may be a yeast infection. However, if it has a fishy odor it's more likely a bacterial infection.

Q: I took a diflucan 3 days ago for a yeast infection, as there was never an odor, but did have the discharge and itch. The discharge is completely normal now, but am still a little bit itchy. My question is whether or not the pill is still actively working in my system, so that it may soon alleviate the itch entirely?
|

replied July 29th, 2010
why is mi vagina itchy
this past week my vagina been very itchy.i havnt had sex yet and i been fingerd a long time. i really need help now!!
|

replied July 31st, 2010
Especially eHealthy
candy177, Do you have any strange discharge? An itchy vagina is normally a sign of a yeast infection. A yeast infection also have a cottage cheese like discharge associated with it, but it does not have any smell. You can treat yeast with something like Monistat. It is available wherever they sell pregnancy tests, pads and tampons.

Remember that you and your partner should wash your hands before playing, He/She should also not touch your anus before fingering you.

You should wash your vulva with plain clean water and keep scented products (sprays, douche ad pads) away from your vulva. Wash between the folds and under your clitoris hood on a regular basis.

Wipe from the front to the back on the toilet to keep bacteria from your anus away from your vulva.

Wear panties with a cotton crotch and sleep with cotton panties or without any panties on to make sure you keep your vulva dry. Do not sit around in a wet swimming costume.

You can also talk to your mom about your itch. She can probably advise and help you better than anybody else. If it does not go away, you will anyways need to see your doctor.

Take care!
|

replied August 4th, 2010
OMG I can't believe some of the naive people on here. Just because someone who you have sex with smokes it's not going to affect your vagina! If you're concerned about your vaginal health then:
A: Why aren't you using a condom??
B: Go & see the GU clinic to have an STD screen straight away! Don't write on forums for people who are not medically trained to give vague advice on a problem that they can't see.
Most of the people who have written here will probably have and itchy vagina due to thrush, which is easily treatable with a pill and or cream, but I wouldn't be taking the chance of having a dormant & undiagnosed STD that could have major implications in the future i.e. infertility. Have a regular screen just in case.

We all know that men can be lying pigs at times, so even if you haven't slept around, don't stop having a screen just because your bfd says he hasn't either... Look after No 1!!!
|

replied August 5th, 2010
omg., im 16 and i have had sex., my newest boyfriend and i had sex about 2 weeks ago and ever sence i have been really itchy about 2 days after and til now., its so bad that im itching all the time., its a lil red but theres no discharge.,
i dont know if i should call a doctor or what.,im scared of them and i dont have a mom and i dont talk to my dad about this stuff., can someone please help me ..
please
|

replied August 6th, 2010
i could really use some advice ive talk to some friends but they are no help., they all say ignorr it., or tell ur dad., well thats akward i would never do that and they know it.,
i get up the curage to call the doctors and make a appt for a pap-test., i hope its nothing.,
i told myself., if in mature enough to have sex i can go to the doctors., and they id rather find out its nothing then let something get worse ?
if anyone has any tips or could give me advice i would greatly oppreciae it.,
Thanks
|

replied April 4th, 2011
Only the GYN DOCTOR could tell u whats going on with ur VAGINA. If somthing is not right then u should immediatly consult with ur GYN thats why they're here for to help us. It's better to know sonner than later.

And Please used the CONDOM. REMEMBER IT ONLY TAKES ONE TIME FOR ANYTHING TO HAPPEND (HIV, HERPES,Chlamydia, Gonorrhea,Hepatitis,Crabs oR Pubic Lice,Syphilis,Vaginitis,Genital Warts AND PREGNANCY)

It doesn't matter if his ur only patner, husband, clean, on drugs, dirty etc
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
there should not be anything awkward about telling dad u have female problems and he's going to be surprised if u don't. there is not secret down there that parents don't know about and they actually love and care for their children
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Proper Treatment
everyone who has an itchy vagina......sure you could run to your OBGYN and pay for an office visit and a script of Diflucan..... or, how about you just take a trip to your local pharmacy and get the Monostat tripple action yeast infection medication which helps fight this fungal infection and also provides symptom relif. Give it about 2 days and you should be feeling great...if not, then you might want to make an appointment to see your to investigate other possible causes or a stronger medication.
|

replied August 15th, 2011
ok um about last week me and boyfriend had oral sex... we have been together for a year and a half .. and after like 2 days later i noticed that my vagina was very sore and itchy and had a red circle and it hurts alot... so yeah im afriad to tell my mom and to found its something esle but could you get a hicky down there... ???? im so scared or could it be a yeast infection... that my first time ever. and i regret it soooo badd. but yeah...???? help
|

replied August 15th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi; u can treat yeast infection yourself but if it doesn't work u need a dr
to go walmart or drugstore or vitamin store and by a standard yeast package product; and use as directed, if u don't know where to find ask clerk
get some probiotics and mix into the cream u insert as it will stop the itching and help
good luck
|

replied November 21st, 2012
vagina soreness and itchness
I am having itching around my vagina and constant discharge that is just white an also I noticed these red dots formed on my vagina ,,I thought it was because I let my hair grow some down there but the red dots have spread and more is there and it really itches,. And I never discharged so much before , and I havent had sex for more than a month
|

replied June 5th, 2013
itchy n red vagina
hi im a married women i hve itchng in my vagina nd it also
get red i used medicne prescibed by dr, bt it does nt wrk, plz some1 help me n if any1 got the correct medicne plz share the name....
|
Quick Reply