Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Red Itchy Acne / Bumps

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Few days ago my face started getting really itchy and then just this morning I noticed red bumps everywhere, I told my doctor about it but she thinks they're acne.. Should acne itch?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
I remember that when I had a really bad pimple with cystic acne, sometimes one would itch as it was coming up, but not all over my face. Could it be an allergic reaction to something, like a soap or face cream? Even if you've been using it for a while, people can develop new allergies to things. Try switching to all mild and hypoallergenic products for your face for at least two weeks and see if that improves it. If the itching is really bad, try an over-the-counter anti-histamine, the pills, not the creams. A mild oatmeal-based lotion should help with the itching. If you do have acne issues, try to use only "non-comedogenic" products or ones that say they won't clog your pores.

If it doesn't get better, try seeing a dermatologist. If it gets worse before two weeks, you should probably see a dermatologist before that.
|
Did you find this post helpful?