Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Red irritation on penis head

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I haven't had sex in about a year, however about six months ago a red mark on the rim of my penis appeared. It was about the size of eraser head maybe smaller, it didn't hurt or puss. It has remained and after masturbation seems to be a little more noticeable but never hurts. The only discomfort seems to come sometimes if I walk a lot my penis head seems to be irritated from my boxers, but not in on that spot. I may just notice this more because I think about that mark. I was in a committed relationship prior to this mark and unless my partner lied she said she was std free. I was wondering if I could have picked something up some other way if this sounds like an std.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2009
I think it is unlikely you have an STD but it never hurts to get it checked out. It might just be an allergy or something but to be certain I would check it out.

Be safe & take care
|

replied July 4th, 2009
help
did you ever find out what is wrong? i just discovered the same exact thing, i hope you can help me!!
|