Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red ear symptom

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
For as long as I can remember, I have had red ears. I have never really had it checked by a doctor because it seems kinda silly or superficial, however it often makes me self-conscious.

The weird part is that the intensity of red varies greatly. For example, my ears to crazy red hot when I get out of the shower/when I wake up in the morning/playing sports/coming home from work/writing an exam/awkward social situation. And you might be wondering how I can tell, since it is pretty hard to see your own ears without a mirror, but I can literally feel them "heat up."

It seems like there are triggers that turn my ears significantly more red - ie. temperature/stress, but I am curious if there might be something that is causing this.

When my ears are not bright red, they are still abnormally red. I consider it to be good when they are "less" red, but other people still find it to be a little on the weird side.

I don't think I have always had this. I was curious about it, and looked at pictures from when I was in elementary school and I did not seem to have the same redness that I experience today.

I am wondering if anyone has a similar symptom or might know what I am experiencing. I would be really excited if I could figure out how to "tame" my ears or just make the lingering redness go away once and for all.

Thanks in advance for a response.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Pharaz
|

replied December 21st, 2008
re: your red ears
Yea..me too suffering from this red ears problem..I've been looking for a lot of methods to prevent and stop it..but it only works to a certain extent..

It really hinders me from doing all the things that i could do...
If you or anybody else has read this..please help us by sharing your temporary or permanent cure or remedies..

thanks a lot..may God bless...
|

replied April 17th, 2013
What do you mean do stuff you could not do?
|

replied April 17th, 2013
What do you mean do stuff you could not do?
|

replied February 8th, 2009
red ear
I have same problem, i start with this since i was 6 or 7 years old, have now 35 and i still with the problem. Specially in hot days i feel this burn in my ears. I like to know how to avoid this. Normally i tried with water but sometimes is impossible to do this.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
Red hot ears
I have also had red ears my whole life. Usually they are not red in the morning or afternoon but they get red the evening hours or before I get ready for bed. As with the comment above, they also get red on hot summer days but also when I have the heater on in my house and car. Sometimes only one ear gets red hot and then the other gets just as bad which can make it difficult to sleep. I keep thinking it is my blood pressure causing this but I had normal blood pressure when I was a kid so I am not sure what it might be. I just find it weird how this comes and goes so if anyone else can add to this, it would be a big help!
|

replied November 21st, 2010
I think that it's because the ears are close to the brain, and when you heat up or take stress your brain works harder or gets hotter, and the blood vessels in your ears take the surge of blood into your brain. It's not abnormal, just uncomfortable. Just don't touch it, leave it, and after taking a nice rest in a cool room, it will fade away by itself.
I still have this as well, but after eating some cool food, like fruit, and staying in a cool place, it goes away much more quickly. Also, people tend to hold cold items to their ears to make it cooler. This doesn't work and will probably worsen your red ear symptoms. As I said previously, leave it alone and it will be fine.

Hope I helped!
|

replied April 29th, 2011
Red ears
It is the same here, whenever conversation directed to me I feel the heat in my ears, nso others stop talking not to embarrass me more, even when I am not embarrassed. Some ask: why your ears so red!! and that worsen things. I started avoid social gatherings, or make it minimum.
CroseBysel said leave it and be in cool place, but that is not when I am in a meeting or in the class.. it just cancels everything when it happens. once I had heard about a surgery to cut one blood vessel that goes to ears to reduce the amount of blood pumped to ear.
I wish I can do anything to overcome this, I am sure I would be in a different position without this.
|