Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Red circular rash on my calf

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
About under year ago I has a small red circular rash on my lower forearm. It didn't itch, it wasn't oozing or sore, and after a few weeks, it went away of its own accord. I thought it might be ringworm since my partner has athletes foot, but according to most posts I've read, that seems to be more an itchy fungal infection, much like athletes foot itself.
I've now got another one on my calf, bigger this time though. Again, no symptoms other than the presence of the red rashy circle. What causes this? I've had this one for about 3 weeks now. If you put your thumb and forefinger into a circle, it's about that size (perhaps a little smaller). I don't want to go to the doctor as it seems really trivial since it's not causing any discomfort whatsoever, so is there an over-the-counter thing I can try instead? I've tried a spot of Canesten on it, in case it was a fungal thing, but that doesn't seem to have made much difference.
Does anyone else have this? What causes it, and how can I get rid of it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
RedLegs,

You might have a very mild case of nummular eczema. These lesions are often called coin lesions, because they are about that size and shape.

There is really no treatment for this but to treat the symptoms, if there are any.

However, diagnosis of skin conditions is almost impossible over the internet. About the only way to get a firm diagnosis is to see a dermatologist.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?