Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red circle on chest

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I saw a similar question posted but did not see an answer, so i am hoping to find one now. My health insurance has a huge deductible, so I would like to have as much information as possible before I decide how to proceed. I appreciate any help you might offer.

I have a large red circle on the center of my chest about 1 inch in diameter and at the level on my nipples, at the position of the sternum. The area is a pinkish red, about the color of a sunburn. It does not itch, isn't raised, doesn't get bigger, does not puss or ooze or seem to serve any purpose. Could this indicate some kind of internal bruise? Bleeding?

I noticed it yesterday, and I don't know how it got there, or how long it has been there. I have not been in the woods, or anywhere else that I expect to get lime disease. My apartment could use a good dusting? Could this be some kind of bite from a dust mite or something of that nature?

What is this thing? What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2008
Supporter
You need to get a diagnosis from a dermatologist, b/c skin conditions can be tricky and the only way to diagnose is via a visual exam. So schedule an appointment!

It sounds like possible ringworm. I contracted ringworm working in an after school program and was given cream which treated the condition - within days it was gone.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply