Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Red bumps, dry, rough, itchy skin (Also spreads!)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
It started almost a week ago. I woke up with a red, rough, itchy, and red skin on my hand, at first, it seemed normal to me. Later when I came home, the skin started to hurt so I applied some Neosporin + Pain Relief. After I 4 or 5 days, I was asleep but I was also itching my hand, when I woke up, there was small bumps. I rubbed some kind of medicine that stops itchy skin. When I applied it, it was itching really badly!! So I had to itch it since I couldn't resist! I used a cotton swab and scratch it [I know I wasn't suppose to do that] Soon there was more bumps on my hand!! Now I don't know what should I do. What kind of cream or medicine should I apply to my skin (on the hand) and what is it I'm having?? Also when my two hands put together the red skin looks like a star. I'm kind of scared. Please tell me what's wrong!! Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Juliety....The only way that you can find out what is wrong is to see a doctor...You could have a allergy or whatever....I know that ice put on an itchy area will stop the itch...Hope this helps...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply