Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

red bump on face,acne

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
i have a red bump on my cheek near my nose it don't hurt or itch,there is nothing coming out of it,it has been on my face for over a year..if i wash my face in dove bar soap it will get lighter for about three days but then come back and the soap will no longer work,i have a picture of it and just wont to get it to go away,i have tried everything i could think if with out irritating my skin,i have become very depressed about it.. and just really wont it to go away,please help... my profile picture is of the bump on my face..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ohcalcuta
|

replied June 21st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
1 thing that may make u feel a little less upset is make up, for red spots a orange colored powder can blend it away well
not sure if u r boy or girl but assuming u r boy u can buy a small make up kit everywhere from walmart to dollar stores and what u will look for is different colored powders as usually they come like 4 or so to a pack ranging from lite to dark . the color is not actually orange but sort of leaning that way. it is just that on a color chart the orange will change the color of red
u might be tempted to go with the more brown skin color but will find the lite orange ish will work best
u can always go to a Dermatologist and if u have insurance u should do that
|
Users who thank ohcalcuta for this post: raspberry2 

replied July 1st, 2011
Experienced User
I think, Most of the time the glands make the right amount of sebum and the pores are fine. But sometimes a pore gets clogged up with too much sebum, dead skin cells, and germs called bacteria. This can cause acne. Acne sufferers can often stop mild pimples from developing into big, red bumps with preventative care. use of an acne product with gentle face washing once or twice a day and use of water-based cosmetics. Skin cells and dry oil cover hair follicles, trapping liquid oil and bacteria inside. The resulting pimples usually start out mild, but they can develop into large, ugly red bumps.
|
Users who thank secretstops for this post: raspberry2 

replied July 1st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
what u said is true but there is also a bacterial problem and for many people they need to deal with that either with antibiotics such as tetracycline which also reduces inflammation.
there is a product out also (somewhat expensive) that treats these deep pimple infections with heat; the principle is simple; heat is what kills germs that is why we get fever to kill the germs.
off the top of my head I am sorry, can't think of it but google FDA approved devices for acne. it is about the size of a slim cell phone and u buy x number of uses and then need to purchase a refill
total cost approx $150 as I recall
|
Users who thank ohcalcuta for this post: raspberry2