Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Red bump and whitehead by genitals

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Ok so about 2 or 3 weeks ago i have gotton this red bump with a white head on it buy my genital area so i picked it thinking it was just a pimple. But it got bigger the next day to about 1/3 of an inch and now i have alot of them around my genital area and butt. these bumps do not hurt or itch or have any side effect look like a alergy type of thing but i dont want to show anyone because it frightens me that my parent will think its herpes and will freak out. ive had sex once but it was a long time ago aout 3 years ago is it possible i have herpes?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper obic
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds as you have genital acne.
They aren't a std and may be triggered by excessive sweating, unappropriated hygiene, skin sensitiveness to certain soups.
Try to put some over the counter treatment such as benzoyl peroxide solution or another antiseptic, use antibacterial soap, and do not pick at the pimples.
|
Did you find this post helpful?