Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Recurring UTI with back and chest pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I have recurring UTI's, it seems every time I cure the first one a week later its back. I've given up going to the ER each time it comes back because my bills are just to much. I have to go to the ER each time because I dont have insurance, and urgent care requires you to pay that day which I cant do. I cant seem to find any clinics around here that dont charge an arm and leg. I know its back because the pain in my back has gotten worse. Its tolerable but I cant stand straight and walking a long distance hurts bad. Its just a dull ache when I'm sitting or standing or try to straighten my back, but when I walk after about a block it starts to feel like a light cramp. All in my lower back. I don't know if its related but I've also been having chest pain, every once and a while I get a sharp pain in the left side of my chest the last time it happened it lasted about 30 seconds and hurt so bad I couldn't breath or move. Most of the time about once or twice a day its just a brief sharp pain that passes in a second or 2.None of this happened before my UTI's so I cant help but think they're related. I know I need to see a doctor but I cant do that untill I can actually afford it which is going to be a long time.

Is there anyway I can take care of this UTI without antibiotics? Its causing me so much pain and discomfort. I'm taking cranberry pills, and drinking water and lemon tea constantly but I dont know what else to do. We dont have the money at all for a docotor and another ER visit would be pointless all they'll do is give me antibiotics and send me on my way, I need to figure out the underlaying cause of this I'm starting to think its something more and I need to get it checked out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
hey its sounds like you have what i had a couple of months ago.plus i get recurring UTIs cause my boyfriend is UNcircumsized. i got treated for a pretty strong case of vaginosis. my doc said its jus when bacteria gets introduced and throws off your PH balance in your vagina. i got antibiotics for it and im better now. but yea the backaches,cramps,somtimes nauseia,headaches. deffinately get it cheked out Smile

free clinics or low cost is were i always go for myt sexual health stuff cause i dont have insurance either. deffinately look into it
|
Did you find this post helpful?