Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Recurring outer ear infection

Must Read
What is an ear infection, exactly? Learn the medical definition for ear infections and the types of ear infection that doctors diagnose here....
What causes an ear infection? We review the main causes of ear infection, and the risk factors that contribute to its development....
Pain from the ear is the most obvious symptom of an ear infection? But how do children exhibit signs or symptoms of ear infection? More info here....
i have had outer ear infections at least once over the two months for the past 2 years. i noticed over the last five years my ears have discharged a clear fluid that crusts the outer part of my ear canal then the ear infections started. i think it's because of my use of q-tips but when i recently got over my last ear infection, noticed around the same time i got this "sore" in the inner wall of my nostril. it's red and looks like a bump. if i press on it it flattens out then reappears. it looks raw and feels like a canker sore. i was wondering what that could be and does it have anything to do with the ear infections.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Have you been checked for yeast? It is very possible that the sore in your nose is yeast related and it could be the same for your ear.
|
Did you find this post helpful?