Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Recurring Mucocele

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
About 8 months ago, I noticed a lump under my tongue and I was experiencing pain inside my tongue. I went to the dentist and they sent me to an oral surgeon who said it was a mucocele and removed it. After about 2 weeks...it returned again..so it was removed, this time with a laser. Again, about 2 weeks later it came back...so this time they did a slightly more serious surgery and removed tissue deeper in my tongue. Within just a few days..the mucocele and the pain returned. My dentist and oral surgeon are at a loss for what to do..neither have seen this happen before. They referred me to an ear, nose and throat doctor..and I am going on Monday. Has anyone heard of this happening before, or have any information as to what may be causing it? My last surgery left part of my tongue numb...which is bad since im a sax player...and i play on average, 3-4 hours a day. I cant afford to have anything happen to my tongue! Any information would be great. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2009
Did you fix it? I need help!
My 8 year old has now just had his removed a third time ( 2weeks ago) and it is back..... noone can help. What did you ever find out? I hope you got it fixed for good!
|

replied March 15th, 2010
hi guys,

i have the same thing under my tongue i am getting it removed for the 4th time in 3 and a half years. my doctor says that the only hope i have is for it to heal for the outside to in. he said if it heals that way I will be cured but eighther than that the only hope is to keep operating which is painful and nobody wants to go through that.

i wish you guys luck
|

replied April 20th, 2010
my daughter is about to have her 3rd surgury.Did you even get rid of the mucocele ,if so how?
|