Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Rectal temperature measurement ?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Hello, would be quite uncomfortable if a male replies. I have 2 questions please: 1) I model for art/drawing class frequently and some oozing tends to occur you know where...how can I sustain or perhaps prevent this from occurring. Secondly, I had a doctors visit not too long ago and when checking my vitals she asked that she take temperature rectally and this was most accurate form; however I was utterly embarrassed...is this normal? also is this the most accurate means, please advise, thank you - michael
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey gemini7222
By oozing I'm assuming you mean pre-ejaculate from the penis? If so there's not a great deal that can be done. You can try to distract your mind from arousing thoughts but it's no guarentee. Take comfort that those painting you aren't likely to take notice. They're much more focussed on the whole of your form and rarely have a lot of time to gawk at your swining parts.
As far as your tempature. It's unusual, but she was telling you the truth. Rectal measurement gives a more accurate reading of body tempature. If they had reason to believe they weren't going to get an accurate read orally it would make sense for them to go in the other way.
|
Did you find this post helpful?