Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

Recovery time off

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
I am going to be booking for surgery to be done. I am wondering how much time I will need to be off work. I work as a merchandise stocker full time. Is physio-therapy something that is required since I do a lot of heavy lifting?
Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi maryan and welcome to ehealth: This is a question you should ask your Orthopedist...This way you will be able to get back to your employer and let he/she know how long your recovery will take...I hope all goes well..Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2011
My carpal tunnel surgery and recovery was short and amazing!! I know this is contrary to everyone else out here. But, I was fortunate enough to have a surgeon who is up on the latest technology. I had what he called the MANOS procedure and he gave me this website to check it out for myself ( http://thayerip.net ). There was no need for them to cut, only a 2 very small needle pricks. Here is the amazing part - I had no stitches which means no scarring!!!!! They put two small band aids on my hand where the needle went in and sent me on my way. I chose not to be put under because you don't have to go through the anesthesia ordeal with this procedure. I only had a local. Before they wheeled me out of the procedure room, they asked me to move my fingers. I was reluctant to move anything but was amazed when I did it. My surgery was on a Thursday and I was back to work on my computer on Friday afternoon. Only 1 1/2 days off of work!!!! It was funny, my co-workers actually thought I backed out of the surgery because you hear horror stories about the recovery being more painful and debilitating than just living with carpal tunnel. And, in this economy, I could not afford to be off any longer which is why I lived with the carpal tunnel for the last 3 years. I had my other hand done the following Friday. I should have just done them both at the same time. Best thing is I was back to my normal routine in no time. I was fully functional texting on my cell, typing, washing dishes, I was even able to pick up my 2 year old without reservation! I have already recommended this to several people at work and others have already done it. I hope this helps those of you who still need the procedure - I don't call it surgery because it really wasn't for me.
|
Tags: Recovery, surgery
Quick Reply