Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

recovery time for broken fibula?

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi, I broke my fibula after falling on the ice on March 3rd. I had surgery to put some hardware in on the 8th. Two weeks later they took off the cast to take out the stitches. The Dr. did not put a cast back on because I had a bad rash I guess due to the soap used for surgery. I was told to use a boot at all times and to keep off of it. The boot is too painful to wear though because it presses really hard right on the incision. I've been keeping it elevated and it's been over a month since the surgery. The Dr. didn't say much and I didn't think to ask at the time but I'm wondering how long it will take until I can begin putting pressure and start walking. It doesn't hurt anymore for me to rest it on the floor when I'm standing on my crutches. I'm going crazy in my house. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2012
Hi I broke my fib too,how are you getting on?

Can you give me any info?
|

replied June 5th, 2012
Hi I broke my fib too,how are you getting on?

Can you give me any info?
|